Nintendo DS (1 Viewer)

250px-Nintendo_DSi.jpg

DSi, two built in cameras (front and back), no GBA port (SD card port instead),
downloadable games (like the Wii), bigger screens, shorter battery life, more
than likely R4-proof, no US or EU release date.

Meh.

Fuck that shite. DSL all the way.

What will I get now? I'm thinking of getting Professor Leyton and the Mysterious Town.

In another effort to avoid real work, I nabbed down a couple of games for my poor ignored DS. Prof Layton & Bangai-O Spirits. What DS games are folk here playing, if any?

Yay! This thread is back. I got Final Fantasy XII. So far it's really good fun, and is probably technically a "deeper" game than FFIII (the last one I played) but I cared about the characters more in III. It's good though.

There's also a new Harvest Moon out!

Good stuff I have been playing on and off:

locks quest - RPG \ Tower defence
track mania - deadly racer
Chrono trigger - satisfying JRPG
soul bubbles - relaxing puzzler
air traffic chaos - stressful puzzler

I finished Layton last week, what a great game. Really mad ending for a kids game too! Have moved onto Chrono Trigger, Rune Factory 2 & that new Harvest Moon to keep me going now. Still play Elite Beat Agents from time to time to do my head in.

ok so i finally bought a DS.
what do i need to buy / do to get all the free / emulator games etc?

Get this: M3 Real with USB TF Card Reader and Rumble Pack
(There's far cheaper cards out there but they're pretty unreliable, this one is the best mid-range one. There is probably better cards out there with with more festures etc but they're most expensive)

And also get a card like this: Kingston 4GB TF TransFlash MicroSD SDHC Memory Card (Class 4)
(This is the exact card I bought & use, it's completely real despite the seemingly low price. The M3 Real can support cards up to 16gb but they need to micro SDHC cards which get pricey once you go over the 4gb mark, an 8gb is $24 and a 16gb is about $60)

Get this: M3 Real with USB TF Card Reader and Rumble Pack
(There's far cheaper cards out there but they're pretty unreliable, this one is the best mid-range one. There is probably better cards out there with with more festures etc but they're most expensive)

And also get a card like this: Kingston 4GB TF TransFlash MicroSD SDHC Memory Card (Class 4)
(This is the exact card I bought & use, it's completely real despite the seemingly low price. The M3 Real can support cards up to 16gb but they need to micro SDHC cards which get pricey once you go over the 4gb mark, an 8gb is $24 and a 16gb is about $60)

ok thanks!
but what exactly do these do?
and where do i go from there?
d/l game torrents or is there a specific place to get the games?

If you get those exact things you need to install the firmware to the memory (actually just dragging & dropping the files to the card) which can be gotten from here if you get the M3 Real, gbatemp.net has the firmware for all the other cards though

As for the games themselves I usually download them from here: http://frozen-roms.in/roms_nintendo_ds.html which has every rom released up there. Just search for what you want. Then unzip the file and drag the file ending in .nds to the NDS folder on your memory card and yer away.

anyone else playing bubble bobble double shot? pretty great extension to the original formula. also playing arkanoid ds - fun little arcade, and the controls are the best ever with the touch screen. konami arcade classics contains a few great classic roms. would really love to have mame on the ds. does anyone know whether that's possible? also playing, diddy kong racing. a kind of a poor answer to mario kart. it's a shame, dk64 was much better than mario64...

There's a lot of excitement among my internet friends about Disgaea DS being finally translated into English. I might get that next, since I'm nearly finished FFXII. (That is if the last boss doesn't thwart me like that yoke from III)

There's a lot of excitement among my internet friends about Disgaea DS being finally translated into English. I might get that next, since I'm nearly finished FFXII. (That is if the last boss doesn't thwart me like that yoke from III)

The US version has been out for ages. I've only played it for an hour or so but it seems decent.

has anyone played Elite Beat Agents?

It is the maddest game i've ever played.

A government agency which deploys secret agents to dance their way into changing the course of people's lives for the better

has anyone played Elite Beat Agents?

It is the maddest game i've ever played.

A government agency which deploys secret agents to dance their way into changing the course of people's lives for the better

It's pretty fecking great. Totally headwreaking and addictive. Managed to finish it at the highest difficulty after a few months!!

It's pretty fecking great. Totally headwreaking and addictive. Managed to finish it at the highest difficulty after a few months!!

but that level where the kids dad has died. Ever see the bad endings to it?? It's the most messed up funny thing i've ever seen

I gave up on the alien invasion song. I must find it and play it again. It's a funny game. Lol-arious even!

Aye, me too after addiction set in to that and Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!

Yay! This thread is back. I got Final Fantasy XII. So far it's really good fun, and is probably technically a "deeper" game than FFIII (the last one I played) but I cared about the characters more in III. It's good though.

There's also a new Harvest Moon out!

I've been playing new Rune Factory 2 pretty hard this week. There's not much going on in it to differentiate it between any of the other Harvest Moon knock offs. Which is odd considering it's part of the HM franchise. Having far more fun playing the new HM Island Of Happiness so far..

And I forgot to play Animal Crossing for ages and got told off for abandoning it when I started it again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back