Nightclubbing in Dublin - advice sought (3 Viewers)

So, this Friday is my semi-annual night out on the tear in the city with Mrs. egg_, overnight babysitting taken care of

We'll be wanting to dance - actually dance, not just drink in a pub with music, so there'll need to be a dancefloor and flashing light and other people dancing. Been to the Workman's Club the last few times, so wanna avoid there, and I can't abide house music. Any suggestions?

Make sure and not tell us what music you *do* actually want to dance to.

Check out what's on in the basement of Sweeney's. Saturday night there is ska/reggae night and I dig dancing there for hours. Only dancefloor I do be on any more.

firehouse skank

Is firehouse skank that thing that's on Sundays in the button factory? or is the mezz?

I'm fairly out of touch with all this.

There's some sort of either dubstep or drum and bass night on in the twisted pepper this Friday. I haven't been there in about 3 years but it used to be really good fun.

it was a reggae thing in the basement of parnell mooney's about 10 years ago...before the smoking ban

Was never at that but was at the reggae night in sweeney's a good while ago with the missus and it was great craic. I'd recommend that. Most of the time when I've been out these days has been to gigs and I've normally gotten the last bus home so I don't really know what night clubs are like

I assume upstairs in Doyles is the same setlist from a decade ago? Last Nite followed by Love Cats followed by a Girl Like You followed by something newer.... eh... the Black Keys?

I think upstairs in doyles became doyles basement about 12 years ago.
I still see people hanging out around the entrance all the time.

I was definitely upstairs briefly in the past...eh... decade.

Ok I concede here.

What is actually the point of clubbing in Ireland anymore since the clubs only open until 2:30? Just checked and it's been more than 10 years since that law was introduced, wow do I feel old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back