nightclub (1 Viewer)

billygannon

Contributor
This might sound like crazy talk, but it just might work.......who wants to set up a nightclub? I've been looking into the logicistics of it, and it could work. I know there are plenty of you here who have ventured into this field and are probably terribly cynical, but if you do want to put some heads together...and some capital....get in touch with myself and let's get the ball rolling.....

Sorry, just thought I'd let people know about Ground Zero every Thursday night down Parnell Mooney's. The underground just went underground and all that.
It's been surprisingly good and been getting better by the week.
The music? Well I haven't heard the this monkey gone to heaven, freak scene or blister in the sun and for a guitary based play list that's not bad.

What I have heard though: abit of pop-punk, abit of early punk, abit of hardcore and well just punk in general. Not bad.

And all for just 2 bills.
Don't know if it's worth mentioning that it's ran by two lovely ladies also.(not too sure how common that is).

I figured i might as well do a bit of plugging aswell, every thursday night from 8 until about 12.30/1 a few folks dj in Thomas house on Thomas St.(near christchurch), it's a fairly mixed up bunch of music, with a bit of everything thrown in, the best bit is it's free in so if you don't like it you won't feel like you've wasted your money.

yes. it 5.30 in the morning - i got an email mid last week that both packages i sent to the czech republic before i left have been lost in the post so i'm trying to sort it out - i'm completely blasted at the same time, i can't remember having this much fun, ever! somehow, we might have the cds back on time though... i brought a zip disk with the artwork on it and a mastered cd with me, god bless my anal anus! i sent them by FedEx from LA on friday. I have to write an article on this when i get back, my hair has turned grey and i have pains in my chest. it's 5.30 in the morning and i'm off me noggin to boot. does anyone have a dime for the coke machine?

Thomas the Skank Engine is cool on Saturdays, pity the Freak has gone back to NYC. Has anyone check out Monkey Tennis on the alternate Saturday?

I'll throw in my plug for Lazybird - Sunday evenings in the International, wide variety of excellent tunes with live and improvised stuff happening most of the time too - now 3 squids in.

I must check out Ground Zero - good that you can hear some punk/hardcore somewhere in the city.

Monkey Tennis - nice funky tunes and laid-back environment if you can score a seat. Cool stickers also !

Germinal (05 Sep, 2001 11:41 a.m.):
Thomas the Skank Engine is cool on Saturdays, pity the Freak has gone back to NYC. Has anyone check out Monkey Tennis on the alternate Saturday?

Monkey Tennis was really good for the first few weeks.
Last time i went, though, it was pure poo.

i'd also like to take the opportunity to mention the new thickaspigshite bouncer they have in the thomas house.
dumb fucker.
he must be a northsider. :p

hag (05 Sep, 2001 11:28 a.m.):
yes. it 5.30 in the morning - i got an email mid last week that both packages i sent to the czech republic before i left have been lost in the post so i'm trying to sort it out - i'm completely blasted at the same time, i can't remember having this much fun, ever! somehow, we might have the cds back on time though... i brought a zip disk with the artwork on it and a mastered cd with me, god bless my anal anus! i sent them by FedEx from LA on friday. I have to write an article on this when i get back, my hair has turned grey and i have pains in my chest. it's 5.30 in the morning and i'm off me noggin to boot. does anyone have a dime for the coke machine?

man, that was boring...

swingkid (05 Sep, 2001 11:11 a.m.):
hey joss, you should do your french club again!!!
lolo, are you still doing your cheek bones club?

Yup, but I'm only going to be in Dublin for another 4 weeks, then I'm off to seek my fortune in London. The streets are paved with gold there, I've heard tell. But the club will continue after I go, with Bren and Marc from Xfm taking over full-time cheese- provision duties.

In case any of you aren't familiar with Cheekbones, it's an 80s night (well, 1978 to 1988 is the time frame, I'm strict about that) in the Dice Bar in Smithfield every Friday.

Actually, I'm a bit miffed you're toying with this promising idea after I've made up my mind to split this nowhere scene (daddio). Wouldn't it be so cool to have DJs form all the clubs mentioned on this thread (plus some of the better Screamadelica peepul) all in one venue?

billygannon (05 Sep, 2001 12:22 a.m.):
This might sound like crazy talk, but it just might work.......who wants to set up a nightclub?
This could be a smashing idea.
Tell us more.
Or just mail and tell me.
It can be a secret.
The maily icon on the left.

Jamie Mang, the French thing (Bon-Bon) was run by two fancy ladies I know. They will probably do another.

I'm too lazy/old/grumpy/busy/unpleasant to organise anything myself. At least, I am today.

i could drink too much cider, dance like a mongo in heat and perhaps even throw up all over yer new suede brogues at the end of the evening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back