nice but cheap suits (1 Viewer)

i got a lovely suit in marks & spencers for around the 200 mark. wear it for weddings and work meetings. lovely bit of kit.

You should easily get a nice suit for 200 blips. Most shops like Topman, Burton etc have special suit deals for 100-200 euros. Or M&S too.

Top Man.

Jamie-Redknapp_1074784.jpg

M&S for machine washable suits worn by every civil servant in Dublin (dry cleaning a suit is €15 - ouch).

Massimo in Royal Hibernian is Way doing €400 suits reduced to €150 at the mo. Nice suits but don't wear well (my big thick, muscular thighs keep bursting through them).

I got one in Zara too. Probably around €200 or so. The birds go mad for it so they do. I feel like a king in it, which is not a bad thing at all.

karl.jpg

I got one recently in topman, around the 200 mark, fucking lovely and actually fits me (I'm 5ft 6 and a whippet) so I recommend it to the smaller/thinner gent.

I have some excellent 3 piece suits I boguht in chairty shops but unfortunately they are too fucking big on me, while on that I know the trousers are easy enough to take in but is there anyway you can adjust a jacket to fit better, or anyone know a good place alterations places for this.

Pity still I must work in one of the few jobs that actively encourage you not to wear a suit. :rolleyes:

I have some excellent 3 piece suits I boguht in chairty shops but unfortunately they are too fucking big on me, while on that I know the trousers are easy enough to take in but is there anyway you can adjust a jacket to fit better, or anyone know a good place alterations places for this.

Yeah, you can alter suit jackets - they'll basically open the seams and adjust the size that way. I think it should be fine for a couple of sizes but supposedly the arms can be a problem if the changes are too big.

I was actually asking about this the other day when I was getting the hem on a pair of trousers sorted in a place on Abbey Street, I think its called Express Alterations and its between Twisted Pepper and the Food Emporium. I don't have any idea how much it would cost but I guess if you brought the jacket in they could tell you. I've always found them fairly friendly.

Yeah, you can alter suit jackets - they'll basically open the seams and adjust the size that way. I think it should be fine for a couple of sizes but supposedly the arms can be a problem if the changes are too big.

I was actually asking about this the other day when I was getting the hem on a pair of trousers sorted in a place on Abbey Street, I think its called Express Alterations and its between Twisted Pepper and the Food Emporium. I don't have any idea how much it would cost but I guess if you brought the jacket in they could tell you. I've always found them fairly friendly.

Thanks for the info, will check them out for sure because I found the fucking best 3 piece suit on st vincent de paul on sean mac dermott street a year or so back for 30 euro. Its beautiful but its just a little too long and wide on the bottom of the jacket, the arms are a grand length though

cool, post up how you get on - I've an old suit thats a little too big for me now that i might get sorted too

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back