nice but cheap suits (1 Viewer)

i got a lovely suit in marks & spencers for around the 200 mark. wear it for weddings and work meetings. lovely bit of kit.

You should easily get a nice suit for 200 blips. Most shops like Topman, Burton etc have special suit deals for 100-200 euros. Or M&S too.

Top Man.

Jamie-Redknapp_1074784.jpg

M&S for machine washable suits worn by every civil servant in Dublin (dry cleaning a suit is €15 - ouch).

Massimo in Royal Hibernian is Way doing €400 suits reduced to €150 at the mo. Nice suits but don't wear well (my big thick, muscular thighs keep bursting through them).

I got one in Zara too. Probably around €200 or so. The birds go mad for it so they do. I feel like a king in it, which is not a bad thing at all.

karl.jpg

I got one recently in topman, around the 200 mark, fucking lovely and actually fits me (I'm 5ft 6 and a whippet) so I recommend it to the smaller/thinner gent.

I have some excellent 3 piece suits I boguht in chairty shops but unfortunately they are too fucking big on me, while on that I know the trousers are easy enough to take in but is there anyway you can adjust a jacket to fit better, or anyone know a good place alterations places for this.

Pity still I must work in one of the few jobs that actively encourage you not to wear a suit. :rolleyes:

I have some excellent 3 piece suits I boguht in chairty shops but unfortunately they are too fucking big on me, while on that I know the trousers are easy enough to take in but is there anyway you can adjust a jacket to fit better, or anyone know a good place alterations places for this.

Yeah, you can alter suit jackets - they'll basically open the seams and adjust the size that way. I think it should be fine for a couple of sizes but supposedly the arms can be a problem if the changes are too big.

I was actually asking about this the other day when I was getting the hem on a pair of trousers sorted in a place on Abbey Street, I think its called Express Alterations and its between Twisted Pepper and the Food Emporium. I don't have any idea how much it would cost but I guess if you brought the jacket in they could tell you. I've always found them fairly friendly.

Yeah, you can alter suit jackets - they'll basically open the seams and adjust the size that way. I think it should be fine for a couple of sizes but supposedly the arms can be a problem if the changes are too big.

I was actually asking about this the other day when I was getting the hem on a pair of trousers sorted in a place on Abbey Street, I think its called Express Alterations and its between Twisted Pepper and the Food Emporium. I don't have any idea how much it would cost but I guess if you brought the jacket in they could tell you. I've always found them fairly friendly.

Thanks for the info, will check them out for sure because I found the fucking best 3 piece suit on st vincent de paul on sean mac dermott street a year or so back for 30 euro. Its beautiful but its just a little too long and wide on the bottom of the jacket, the arms are a grand length though

cool, post up how you get on - I've an old suit thats a little too big for me now that i might get sorted too

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back