Nice beefy/bassy distortion pedal (1 Viewer)

Alan Remorse

Hello,

We are sans bass player now so I'm getting to grips with filling out our sound a bit more.

It's working quite well for the most part but there are certain songs that need a much bassier/beefier distortion to fill it out in places.

Any recommendations?

A bass distortion pedal, boss odb-3 or something. It'll give you more control over low end with the two band eq.

Personally I really like the sound of guitar through my mxr bass di+ but it's a pretty expensive option, although I think Tom has something similar, maybe try that?

Maybe two guitar amps, or two cabs spread apart. A lot of one guitar bands do this. or you could get another bass player

Maybe two guitar amps, or two cabs spread apart. A lot of one guitar bands do this. or you could get another bass player

i won't if you did this could you run an eq pedal between the head and the second cab and add more bass there? or is that just stupid?

poeple of cork, stop leaving horray for humans!

Yeah, I was thinking about using an EQ pedal alright, but pretty much anytime I'll need to add bass it'll be with extra distortion, so I might as well just have a distortion pedal that just gives a nice bassy sound as well...?

the metal zone is mad bassy. and the marshall guv'nor 2 is cheap, sounds good and has a 'deep' circuit to enhance the subs.

I predict that in 6 months H4H will have no original members, a la Napalm Death.

I just bought a russian big muff. I can give you a go of the sansamp bass di too to see if you like it. Thats the yoke moose is on about. You could also try using my orange and sovtek rig for dirty and your roland for clean. (ive a splitter too :)) Then you could put your distorsion pedal on the dirty amp for super heft.

I just bought a russian big muff. I can give you a go of the sansamp bass di too to see if you like it. Thats the yoke moose is on about. You could also try using my orange and sovtek rig for dirty and your roland for clean. (ive a splitter too :)) Then you could put your distorsion pedal on the dirty amp for super heft.

why can't all drummers have deadly guitar gear?

I don't know too much about this so I could be well off but didn't Kyuss play guitar through a bass sound system - gave them a huge low end sound. Could you do something like that?

Hello,

We are sans bass player now so I'm getting to grips with filling out our sound a bit more.

It's working quite well for the most part but there are certain songs that need a much bassier/beefier distortion to fill it out in places.

Any recommendations?

some recommendations:

1. Use two amps, one of them will have to be solid back though, ideally a bass amp 100watts or over, but no less. Then get a footswitch or a tuning pedal (or this) so you can bypass the hefty amp and just kick it in when required.

2. Mic up the front AND back of your Roland, if it's an open back amp of course. The low end you get from this is not to be underestimated!!!

3. Get a Big Muff

Russian or US?

I have both, and on the surface they are the same, but are vastly different when put to use. And jesus, both together is the holy grail of rock.

Russian or US?

I have both, and on the surface they are the same, but are vastly different when put to use. And jesus, both together is the holy grail of rock.

they are different, i wouldn't say they are vastly different. the US one is smoother with a bit more mid range. the russian on is a bit nastier, more spikey. the russian one sounds fantasic with bass, and it's cheaper. so it might be the one to try initially.

Anyone want to sell me a russian big muff? or possibly trade for a odb-3?

Anyone know of anywhere cheap online that has them russian big muffs? In the EU preferably so I don't have to run the risk of getting stung by customs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back