New Zealand - earthquake! (1 Viewer)

i was in queenstown a few years ago when there was a 5.2 - was pretty freaky, floor shook like mad and stuff fell off teh shelves and all.

anyway is yer man ok?

He's grand thanks! He was in LA when that big one struck in 97(?) or so. He's a pro. ;)

jaysis. glad to hear he's alright. he must be fairly rockin the place.

I wouldn't say he's rockin' the place Donkey. It's more of a heart felt thing than rock, ya know?! :D How's Patagonia and your lovely missus?

New_Zealand_Story_intro.gif

I wouldn't say he's rockin' the place Donkey. It's more of a heart felt thing than rock, ya know?! :D How's Patagonia and your lovely missus?

this place is amazing. we´ve been camping for 10 days and our tent smells like a cheesemongers. but yeah, other than the hygiene malfunctions everything is great. including my hand which i just unbadaged yesterday. shouts out to the brown trout.

Jesus, like.

The few people I know are confirmed to be ok. Any thumped people in Christchurch?

Every time I hear of buildings collapsing, my mind pictures it as being slightly in slow motion.
This is likely due to the fact that most buildings we see, e.g. the Twin Towers, are quite large so when you see them collapse it seems to take a relatively long time.

I found the first couple of seconds of this video quite shocking.
Amazing how quick it hits the street.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/feb/22/new-zealand-earthquake-christchurch

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back