new U2 tune (2 Viewers)

Didn't Larry win best musician in Hot press a few years back.

Dunno about that but he won best drummer of 2008 in W.I.T's quaterly students magazine and is hotly tipped to snatch it again this year if Finnula, Grainne and Agnes have anything to do with it.
Imported+Photos+00079.JPG

The sound of the drums are terrible. I could a better sound with pots and pans and the mic i got with my casio keyboard from 1991.

I like the edge as a guitarist. He's easily the most interesting musician in the band.

Larry and Adam have just been clocking in for years.

Just a little more effort would be nice lads.

Yeah, to experience the 3-D magic i went to see their movie last year and my god they plodded through the whole thing with the same insipid backbeat. Even the tunes that had that deadly...

military style drumming in their early stuff

...were made boring as hell. Don't think i even heard a roll, 6-stroke fill or anything like it in the whole set. Yawn.

Funiest was that awful Green Day song they did where the Green Day drummer obviously had to dumb down his drum track to compensate for Mullen's plodding schtick.

here is a fella on youtube comments way of improving the song:

Big U2 fan. First single that I can't really get into. I think the song would be much better if the chorus was different.Instead of "sexy boots," or "get on your boots;" maybe a deviation of the bridge for the chorus:
"Get into the sound, sound, sound,
Can you get into the sound?
Get into the sound, sound, sound..."
Something like that, almost anything rather than POYB and "Sexy Boots."
Bright side...Bono' kids can sell it, it would make a good commerical song...for boots, of course.

here is a fella on youtube comments way of improving the song:

Big U2 fan. First single that I can't really get into. I think the song would be much better if the chorus was different.Instead of "sexy boots," or "get on your boots;" maybe a deviation of the bridge for the chorus:
"Get into the sound, sound, sound,
Can you get into the sound?
Get into the sound, sound, sound..."
Something like that, almost anything rather than POYB and "Sexy Boots."
Bright side...Bono' kids can sell it, it would make a good commerical song...for boots, of course.

that's genius. 100% partridge

I was at a party in Larry Mullen's sister's house. It's full of memorabilia. We took his MTV moon man award hostage and a few days later put it on her doorstep in a brown paper bag and rang her and told her in a sinister voice that it was there . She didn't even notice it was gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back