New to Ireland. (1 Viewer)

Hayworth said:
I need a list of decent local bands to check out live. Could you please list your favorites and explain why? Help me narrow it down to some names I can look out for, thanks.

Iron Maiden

Bluetide

YourMaIsSound

Decoy Owl Motherfuckers

there's some guy called Dara who has an album out- 'Dog Eared Memories' i think. s'posed to be amazing.

or you could just ask nlgbbblbth

nEiLo said:
what's good?

[FONT=&quot]I am just being dismissive and trying to get some response here. Honestly, my musical taste spans many decades and genres. However, I have yet to find a good bar/pub that plays decent music. I swear if I hear another Coldplay, Snow Patrol or Killers song I may strangle a DJ. I went to a few of those local showcases last month but wasn’t impressed by much. There has to be good local music here. I refuse to think otherwise. [/FONT]

Hayworth said:
[FONT=&quot]I am just being dismissive and trying to get some response here. Honestly, my musical taste spans many decades and genres. However, I have yet to find a good bar/pub that plays decent music. I swear if I hear another Coldplay, Snow Patrol or Killers song I may strangle a DJ. I went to a few of those local showcases last month but wasn’t impressed by much. There has to be good local music here. I refuse to think otherwise. [/FONT]
check out the upcoming events on the right hand side of this page

morg said:
This little fella has attitude!!baggyyyy

[FONT=&quot]Fella? Think again. I doubt the Killers post here and if they do then they should be able to take some shit for writing bland songs. Are the Thrills here too?… because I would like to have a word with them. We already have one mind numbing band singing about California all the time (RHCP) we DON’T need another. [/FONT]

Hayworth said:
[FONT=&quot]Fella? Think again. I doubt the Killers post here and if they do then they should be able to take some shit for writing bland songs. Are the Thrills here too?… because I would like to have a word with them. We already have one mind numbing band singing about California all the time (RHCP) we DON’T need another. [/FONT]

are you having your period?

are you american?

I cant.

There is not much in the way of regular nights of interesting music. It's mostly one offs, but in the case of Skinny Wolves (as just mentioned) lots and lots of one offs and most of them are interesting at the very least.

Lazybird every Sunday night (upstairs in the International pub on Wicklow St) is by far and away the best regular night.

Dice Bar on the quays often has some cool soul stuff.

That's all I can think of because I am stupid & boring.

Hayworth said:
[FONT=&quot]
Prove it. [/FONT]

Hayworth said:

Gosh this takes me back to the halcyon days of Speedracer, Ms B Haven and Alex. No one here even listens to music by the way.

Vinnie said:
I cant.

There is not much in the way of regular nights of interesting music. It's mostly one offs, but in the case of Skinny Wolves (as just mentioned) lots and lots of one offs and most of them are interesting at the very least.

Lazybird every Sunday night (upstairs in the International pub on Wicklow St) is by far and away the best regular night.

Dice Bar on the quays often has some cool soul stuff.

That's all I can think of because I am stupid & boring.

Thank you for the suggestions. I will check out both of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back