new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (1 Viewer)

People are over looking the Suarez deal. We got him for roughly the same as we got Torres and he's got a better strike rate than Torres had at that stage of his development, albeit in an inferior league but you can only beat what's in front of ya.

Suarez is more likely to be the main man at liverpool. Himself and Carroll are potentially a great combination. I know there's alot of money being spent on potential but fuck it there'd have been little point in spending 15-20 million euro on someone like Forlan who's gonna start declining in the near future. They've just turned 22 and 24 respectively so they're peak years are still some ways off. If things don't work out at least age is on their and the clubs side.

They're not really investing in the team yet though, Torres and Babel out for Suarez and Carroll seem to balance out costwise. Still seems like an improvement overall, and better than taking money out of the club like the previous cowboys.

The owners weren't looking to sell Torres though. They put up the money for Suarez without thinking of recouping it from other sales so ya can look at that as investment. Torres forcing the move just changed the outcome.

Yer right though, with Carroll and Suarez, the team looks stronger.

i don't think he was there for long enough, was he? the rules are confusing.

anyway, it's all moot. i think the board were considering firing more moeny out, and the suarez deal was done as a compliment to torres, not a replacement. babel out, and 22 mil on suarez and up to 10 for adam, shows that they were willing to spend. tehfact that torres left for stupid money was a bonus/disaster depending how you look at it. they may have fancied andy carroll in the future, who knows. there'd be a bidding war in the summer though. will players be cheaper come the summer? obviously chelsea waited until man city had bought their striker before tabling a bid for torres because if it was apparent he was available, city would be in like flynn, and they wanted to avoid that scenario in the summer. 50 million though, i reckon liverpool called their bluff. will chelsea be able to afford new players in the summer? now, a new cb, lb a couple of wingers and maybe there's a team there. plus a decent bench...new stadium...

we paid the price for thinking torres alone could do it for us, i wonder will chelsea do the same.

I'll say it again. Carroll is upset about being forced out of Newcastle and very likely has no ambition to play for Liverpool.

Edit: I hope he does, but I think he'll get pouty when he starts to get verbals from the Newcastle fans

I'll say it again. Carroll is upset about being forced out of Newcastle and very likely has no ambition to play for Liverpool.

Edit: I hope he does, but I think he'll get pouty when he starts to get verbals from the Newcastle fans

you have a source for this other than some stupid geordie's blog?

Rossi's an excellent player but there's almost no chance he would have joined Liverpool.

Carroll could be signed, they went out and got him and bolstered the squad in a particularly weak position. There are all sorts of mitigating factors in the price which help make it as crazy as it was. I'd rather have him than the kudos you get on Guardian blogs for making a profit on a player.

on reading it, doesn't look like much more than a smart move to pacify raging geordies by pouring all the 'blame' onto ashley. it's not like he's going on strike is it?

that's irrelevant now. he's not going to stop playing football and he's just telling geordie fans he loves them. it's better than nando's press conference.

that's irrelevant now. he's not going to stop playing football and he's just telling geordie fans he loves them. it's better than nando's press conference.

What, like Torres didn't stop playing football? It may happen, but you are in complete denial mode Hector.

Wow, plenty of people chimming in here and getting their knickers in a twist for various reasons. Is one of them because Liverpool have a potentially tasty new strike force by any chance?

What, like Torres didn't stop playing football? It may happen, but you are in complete denial mode Hector.
what am i denying? have you been to the future? did andy carroll flop? will i ever get a job again? how many seasons do they get out of the walking dead?

seriously, how you can be in denial over a hypothetical situation?

what's real, and undeniable, is that liverpool are spending money again. boo ya.

I agree it's overly ambitious - I was referring to Franco's 'just like Nando did', which is presumably supposed to rile Liverpool supporters by ignoring the fucking huge profit the sale brought in.

Big clubs don't look to make a profit when making marquee signings.

I was making the point that Pool have sold a world class player to one of their English rivals and traded him for a talented but unproven one. Does it not show how the club has fallen in stature in recent years?

It's good to see them splash the cash tho. I'd be excited if I supported Pool. But they are still miles off the pace, as a team and a club, imo.

what am i denying? have you been to the future?

seriously, how you can be in denial over a hypothetical situation?

No, I haven't been to the future. That's why I say 'maybe' it won't work as the boy appears not to want to be there. I'm also saying, if you take the time to look back, that I hope it does work and it might well do.

You are saying that's just bunk about him not wanting to leave, that he'll be grand, and you are saying you can't see any reason he won't play well.

You're the one who sounds like he has a fucking crystal ball.

No, I haven't been to the future. That's why I say 'maybe' it won't work as the boy appears not to want to be there. I'm also saying, if you take the time to look back, that I hope it does work and it might well do.

You are saying that's just bunk about him not wanting to leave, that he'll be grand, and you are saying you can't see any reason he won't play well.

You're the one who sounds like he has a fucking crystal ball.
i didn't say it was bunk, i said it was irrelevant. and it is. he's at liverpool now, he's tripled his wages and he'll want to get back into the england team. all he's saying to the toon faithful, who are insane, is i never wanted to leave you, the chairman, who you already despise and is trying to destroy your club, forced me out. it's pr, big deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back