new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (1 Viewer)

from SSN...

10.15 Reports emanating from Italy continue to suggest Liverpool are weighing up a move for Roma midfielder Alberto Aquilani.
he's a good player, but i'd be very surprised if that happened...after all, liverpool's record with italian internationals is...humdrum..

Over the previous night I think I've come to terms with the idea of him leaving.
Will be very disappointing but will only happen if we get a lot of money for him. Don't think Benitez will go for the old 8m and Arthur "Fucking" Nuñez trick again.

If Réal try to low ball us we just do as O'Neill and Ferguson did last year. Tell the player in question to knuckle down as he's under contract. If he wants to leave and we can reach an agreement, then it may happen.

Some of the names being thrown around as possible replacements are quite worrying though. Very few of Xabi's calibre going, let alone realistic targets. Réal can pay top dollar like they have all summer or fuck right off.

I wish it would happen sooner rather than later, it's just dragging on forever. If he wants to go back to Spain, then good luck to him. I think he deserves a lot of credit for the way he played last season. He's clearly a thoughtful player and person, and something about the Barry saga of last summer seems to have never been resolved. Be it on Benitez's head if we struggle without him, but if he goes now there's still time to buy in and regroup. Sigh.

Part of me want to look at it from this point of view but I can't help but feel that Alonso is letting the club and most importantly the fans down big time just when it feels like we're on the brink of something big. The fans made their feelings clear last season that we were 100% behind him even after the two very average seasons he had just had. Also there aren't many clubs that could have given him the platform to get to where he is now, I don't think he would have been first choice for any of the top spanish clubs in the last few years.

Part of me want to look at it from this point of view but I can't help but feel that Alonso is letting the club and most importantly the fans down big time just when it feels like we're on the brink of something big. The fans made their feelings clear last season that we were 100% behind him even after the two very average seasons he had just had. Also there aren't many clubs that could have given him the platform to get to where he is now, I don't think he would have been first choice for any of the top spanish clubs in the last few years.

He owes 'you' nothing. When will ye Premier League fans realise that supporters (or Irish fans watching on TV) have no bearing on any decision anyone makes for their own career or happiness? And rightly so, because the clubs and supporters don't care for the player either. All that stuff is over, Premier League clubs are just businesses and nothing more. Absolutely nothing at all.
Anyway, if a Spanish guy wants to go back and live in Spain, who is anyone to question his character? It's a fairly natural thing to do.

How about: if a Spanish guy who wasn't wanted at the start of the season and isn't too impressed with the effect of the new tax rates and fall in value of sterling on his wages wants to go back and live in Spain, who is anyone to question his character?

How about: if a Spanish guy who wasn't wanted at the start of the season and isn't too impressed with the effect of the new tax rates and fall in value of sterling on his wages wants to go back and live in Spain, who is anyone to question his character?

That's entirely his own business.

His, Liverpool's and any interested clubs' business.

So why is it your business?
What I'm trying to get at here is why you think you (as part of this supposed community of fans) have any bearing (especially morally) on any decision either the business or the player makes. Premier League fans are delighted to have their teams transform into brands so long as it means winning and signing glamorous foreign players and what not.
But that's changed those clubs for good. They're finished, it's WWE now. They no longer represent anything in particular. So there's no question of loyalty or, hilariously, the moral power of the supporters.

It isn't my business. The only parties whose business it is are him, his current employer and any prospective employers. I'm just saying he'd have pretty good reasons to want to move, not saying what he should or should not do.

It isn't my business. The only parties whose business it is are him, his current employer and any prospective employers. I'm just saying he'd have pretty good reasons to want to move, not saying what he should or should not do.

Ah grand so, I was just looking for a fight.

He owes 'you' nothing. When will ye Premier League fans realise that supporters (or Irish fans watching on TV) have no bearing on any decision anyone makes for their own career or happiness? And rightly so, because the clubs and supporters don't care for the player either. All that stuff is over, Premier League clubs are just businesses and nothing more. Absolutely nothing at all.
Anyway, if a Spanish guy wants to go back and live in Spain, who is anyone to question his character? It's a fairly natural thing to do.

Well you're obviously not a "Premier League fan" so I wouldn't expect you to understand, a real football fan will understand what i'm talking about.

So why is it your business?
What I'm trying to get at here is why you think you (as part of this supposed community of fans) have any bearing (especially morally) on any decision either the business or the player makes. Premier League fans are delighted to have their teams transform into brands so long as it means winning and signing glamorous foreign players and what not.
But that's changed those clubs for good. They're finished, it's WWE now. They no longer represent anything in particular. So there's no question of loyalty or, hilariously, the moral power of the supporters.

It's mine and every other genuine Liverpool supporters business because believe it or not we pay his and every other players wages. We have a right to voice our opinions at the very least.

put it away dudes, they're more than your points scoring at stake here. we are talking about nothing less than the annihilation of the world, if masch and alonso leave. society will crumble. evil will prevail. can't we put aside our differences, for one fucking minute, and type some meaningless shit on the internet? maybe rafa will show them this thread, and do you think the infighting and bickering here is gonna stop them spanophones from going to spanophonia? not one bit. we're fucked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back