nerd games (1 Viewer)

nlgbbbblth said:
here we go

Balthus Dire was some evil prick

figfan02.jpg

He wasn't as annoying as those three disembodied head things near the end though. Ganjees or something they were called, bastards.
Anyway I have discovered a bunch of those fighting fantasy books in my ma an da's house. Does anyone want them before I get rid of them? You can have them for free.
I have the much vaunted Citadel of Chaos, Siege of Sardath, Keep of the Lich Lord, Island of the Undead, Freeway Fighter, Robot Commando, Spectral Stalkers, Rebel Planet, Forest of Doom (amazing), and some others, I also have the Titan handbook thing which sort of accompanied the series and is actually pretty cool. No Warlock of Firetop Mountain though, I'm annoyed I don't have that one! Yeah so anyone that wants one can have one, otherwise they will go to some library for the kids. Being a kid was cool.

Edit: Oh yeah, I also have some, possibly all, of the Steve Jackson Sorcery series, which was 4 continuous fighting fantasy books. They were cool.

Pantone247 said:
I played Dungeons and Dragons when I was a kid, till about 15

anyhow word got out, that some kids were playing D+D, and the nuns in the school we were in held a big meeting and told all the parents there was satan worshipping going on.

we got in a lot of shit and lot of bullying and odd looks from our peer groups... please note this was in dublin, in the early 90's... fucking utter utter pricks... I'll never get over how extremist and unfair those lunatics and the parents and teacher who supported them were, really messed up some kids fun...

luckily my folks were cool (some of my friends folks... not so cool at all...) and realised it was just a couple of kids playing a game, and at least they knew we were in a room in a house, safe... not hanging out on street corners getting fucked up

yeah anyway then we got into electric guitars, doobie and girls... well into obsessing about girls...

and then everything changed...

Those people did you a favour, Panty! Imagine the nerd you would be today if they hadn't intervened!

man, it all started with this - a christmas present from my uncle:

firewater.jpg

lone wolf. legend. especially the sketches by gary chalk i think?

then got into roleplaying: d&d, ad&d, merp, warhammer, shadowrun, vampire, werewolf, mage etc. stopped shy of larps. just. the alchemist's head on dame street was a regular haunt - got into painting lead figures, magic cards, rage cards.

wow, das ubernerd.

images

that's a ligre. it's pretty much my favourite animal right now. gosh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back