Is this really the future of the music business? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 13
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 1

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
Pop-duo Jack and Jack have announced a headline show at the Academy 2, Dublin on November 11th 2015. General admission tickets are priced at €27.90 including booking fee. There are also a limited number of VIP meet and greet tickets, priced at €95. Tickets go on sale this Friday, July 10th, at 9am. *This is an over 14s show.

Jack & Jack are a music duo best known for their hilarious six second comedy sketches on Vine. You can check out what they’re all about here - Jack and Jack's Profile - Vine.

It all started when their “Nerd Vandals” Vine went viral in 2013 when the Huffington Post called it "the perfect vine” - Nerd Vandals: Eric And Winston Terrorize Neighborhood With Math (VINE). Since then, the duo have amassed over 16 million social media followers, 5.6 million of those on Vine alone.

In the last year, Jack & Jack have conquered the teen market through a combination of social media and music and entertainment. They have independently sold more than 1 million songs in their debut year with 9 of their songs finding their way onto Billboard's charts. In addition they have driven silos of revenue into the six figures in each of touring, merchandise, You Tube and Vine ad revenue, and branding deals. Brands, including Michelin, AT&T, Pizza Hut, Iconix/MUDD, Sour Patch Kids and Verizon, have found that Jack & Jack’s fresh sound and captivating personalities engage the Millennials like no other.

They have released two mobile app games through their partnership with Omaha based mobile games company SkyVu Entertainment. Their first game, Let It Goat, sailed into the top ten on the iTunes app store shortly after its release with over a million downloads within the first month and was hailed by ABC News as what may be the most addictive mobile game since "Flappy Bird." The success of this game further encouraged Jack & Jack to develop Jack & Jack Vines in collaboration with SkyVu, a mobile game based around the pair which was released December 2014.

They are a part of a growing number of artists who are reinventing the wheel on how to be successful in the music business. They have independently released 11 original songs on iTunes, all of which have charted on iTunes and to date, have sold nearly 1 million tracks which have charted on numerous Billboard Charts, most notably Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs, Bubbling Under Hot 100, Bubbling Under R&B/Hip-Hop, Pop and the most coveted, Billboard Hot 100. You can view their chart history HERE. They’ve managed to do all of this without the help of a major label.

Their hit “Wild Life” has had major play on a number of stations across the country, and the Music Video has over 5 million views on YouTube. You can view the video HERE. Currently their latest hit, “Like That”, is getting spins on KIIS-FM Chicago and POWER 106.5 Omaha and the music video currently has over 2.5 million views on YouTube. You can view the video HERE.

Would this be the equivalent of Steps doing a tour of supermarkets in the late 90's? It's just a current silly iteration and a quick buck.

am-i-out-of-touch-no-its-the-children-who-are-wrong.jpg

I gotta say no.

There's always been weird outliers, but MOST people are getting successful the same way as they have for decades.

Cash dumps, kickbacks, payola and the radio.

St. Vincent also had a VIP experience option on the upcoming Olympia shows too. While standard tickets were I think between €25 to €35 (too lazy to check what I paid), the VIP tickets were €100 including booking fee

One of the VIP offerings was get your photo taken with a guitar I think.

St. Vincent also had a VIP experience option on the upcoming Olympia shows too. While standard tickets were I think between €25 to €35 (too lazy to check what I paid), the VIP tickets were €100 including booking fee

One of the VIP offerings was get your photo taken with a guitar I think.

'VIP'. Fuck, off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back