NEIL YOUNG ARCHIVES (1 Viewer)

The latest on Vol.2

The NYA team, headed by Will Mitchell and Hannah Johnson, is digging through material supplied by numerous sources, including newspapers, writers, fans, bootleg audio collectors and photographers (special thanks to photographer/collector Joel Bernstein). Much work has been done and there is much left to do. Using the template designed by the late Larry Johnson, the whole team is pushing forward.
Special thanks to audio engineers John Nowland, Tim Mulligan and the team at Redwood Digital for the unbelievable amount of work that has been accomplished so far. Volume 2 promises even more content than Volume 1, with many unreleased tracks.
Four unreleased albums from this period are being rebuilt and will be available in the NYA Special Release Series. Chrome Dreams, Homegrown and Oceanside-Countryside are the three unreleased studio albums. Also from this period is the unreleased Odeon-Budokan live recording produced by David Briggs and Tim Mulligan. These albums initially will be released in vinyl from analog masters as they originally were created for that format. So now is the time to get your new phonograph player. The new players, built with today's technology, are exceptionally good.
NYTIMES

http://www.neilyoung.com/news/index.html

New/old Neil album on the way. Explanatory video:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Having spent most of last summer internet-less, I only found out last week that Ben Keith died. I'm still absolutely gutted.

Anyway, this album could be decent. Anyone know anywhere I could see a comprehensive list of unreleased stuff? I pick up Shakey (the book) from time to time (usually on the bog) and keep realising there's a shitload of stuff in the vaults. This week, for instance, I'd quite like to hear the Countryside/Oceanside version of the Comes a Time album.

Deadly NY/Crazy Horse jams being streamed from his site at the moment. Not sure whether this is old or new. Big long fuckin up thing followed by an awesome version of Cortez that kicks in around the 19 min mark ...

There are apparently two new NY & CH albums on the way. This yoke sounds like a rehearsal to me, maybe they're getting ready for a few gigs or something. Not sure about that uptempo ending for cortez

Deadly NY/Crazy Horse jams being streamed from his site at the moment. Not sure whether this is old or new. Big long fuckin up thing followed by an awesome version of Cortez that kicks in around the 19 min mark ...

Cheers, sounds like jammz alright, pretty cool though. I could listen to this stuff all night!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back