Napalm Death are playing in Waterford (4 Viewers)

eh..we're playing the Friday night of it by the way. Come down for that too.

Seriously though, ND were hugely responsible for my involvement in playing music, so the prospect of them playing my shitty home town is miraculous in a way I can't fully explain.

Ahh...ye're playing the festival?
Do you know of any other bands etc playing?
I can't seem to find anything about it on the web.

This should be great though, I was looking for something
to do for the end of August. This will do nicely.

It's a Metal festival. We're the token hardcore(ish) band. the rest of ths line up is all Irish bands bar Onslaught and Spearhead..off the top of my head, Two Tales of Woe, Red Enemy, Sirocco, Orpheus, Five Will Die, Stand Up Guy, a bunch of bands like that who I'm not overly familiar with myself. We stick out like a sore thumb I imagine.

An aside perhaps , but because ND were my favourite bands as a kid, my family know who they are. Which means when I tell me ma we're playing a festival in Waterford which Napalm Death are playing she'll for possibly the first time ever be in some way "proud" of my musical endeavours :)

found the line up

Friday:
Residual Effect
Two Tales of Woe
Orpheus
Drainland
Red Enemy

Saturday:
Napalm Death
Onslaught
Five Will Die
Stand-Up Guy
Overoth
Sirocco
Mourning Beloveth
Ghost of Medina
Spearhead

The Forum, THE FORUM?? Aahahahahahahahaha oh jesus. What the fuck? THE FORUM?? I wonder how this fest will go down with the current crowd. (It's currently the Whelans of Waterford in case anyone is wondering)

All the people I know that go to the Forum are all indie heads. People who would be more into MGMT or something than Napalm Death. Granted I don't know a tonne of people from Waterford but the ones I do know would be far from ND heads!

All that says is that you know a bunch of indie heads in Waterford really. from what I understand from friends and family down there apparently there's quite a lot of metal fans down there. Plus I imagine you'd have plenty of folks travelling for it from Cork, Kilkennny, Wexford, etc.

haha deadly.
second day of this doesn't look bad at all.
dunno bout night we're playing though,not mad on few the bands but maybe the ones i havent heard are daycent.
can't wait to do a big of bog moshing with the bog metalists.

haha, Downes: the greatest pub in the world, OFFICIAL. I saw mani from the stone roses in there one night caning the no 7, cant imagine johnny downes being much of a napalm fan

haha, Downes: the greatest pub in the world, OFFICIAL. an
Yep. OFFICIALLY the only thing I miss about Waterford.This fest is going to be an excuse for me to spend the weekend there. My kid bro used to be a barman there breifely. Cheekily, not once did the little cunt ever float me a free pint.

I think we should tell anyone headin to this that downes is the OFFICIAL ground zero drinkin spot for this fest, sure its only 30 secs from the forum anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back