names (1 Viewer)

Thanks everyone. we have our own ideas and I just wanted to see if there was anything nice I'd overlooked. So Euronymous it is, obviously.

Junglist would be a good name.
So would Vortex

not forgetting Big Mackey. Did anyone pick up on that?

Mumblin Deaf Ro said:
Please don't give your child and unusual name.

I have a brother called Leo, which is a cool name.

Leo Mackey.

I favour the sort of no-nonsense 'traditional', even old-fashioned names. Leo is cool. I was at a kids' party a few weeks ago, and there was an obscenely cute baby there called Leon, which I also think is cool.

Names that don't have a suggested personality attached are the sort I'd go for.

One of my favourite trends in American baby names is naming them after virtues, or places or things for which they can't be bothered to look up the spelling (e.g., Britney Spears). If I could count the number of Wal-Mart and Target employees who had 'Hello, My Name is Chassity' on their nametags, I would count up to at least 15. But I've never been much of a counter.

Wilbert said:
Give a child a name that the kid might want for themselves, not a name that you think is cool.

I know someone that called their child Rory. Nothing wrong with it but that kid is going to wish he had a cooler name one day.
So wrong, i hated my name when i was in school, it's an unusual irish name, i wanted to change it, but i'm so glad of my name now. Kids chose shit names, they want joe soap names.
I like the name rory or even better ruadhri.

I wish my parents hadn't called me Kirstie. I have spent my entire life correcting people who insist on calling me, variously, christine, kirsten, christy, kristen, and the worst of all - CRYSTAL.

Bag'o'cans said:
So wrong, i hated my name when i was in school, it's an unusual irish name, i wanted to change it, but i'm so glad of my name now. Kids chose shit names, they want joe soap names.

I hated my name when I was in school because it rhymes with everything (especially: pain, brain, plain, insane, Spain, Maine) and I thought it was boring and unfeminine. I wanted to be Jennifer, or Danielle, or Vanessa, or have some really unusual name that would give my utter inability to fit in an air of exoticism, rather than freakishness. I wanted something like 'Orange', that didn't rhyme with anything. I begged for it. I asked my parents to change my name multiple times, but they'd always say I'd be glad I had it someday, that it was a name I could grow into, one that didn't cause people to assume things about me before they met me.

And they were right. Dammit, Mom and Dad! Why did you have to be right!?

I did actually change my middle name, but that was for other reasons, and now I sort of just don't use it. But it was 'Ruth', and now I use my mother's maiden name. I didn't realise I'd become a bad pun until after I'd changed it.

One thing I really hate is when people call me 'Plain Jane'. I hate it 'cause it's true, but yizzers don't hafta rub my face in it. But anyway, now I really like my name. Except when people spell it with a 'y'.

Bag'o'cans said:

I know what you mean, but if you had a name that you didn't hate when you were a kid, that would have been better, right?

I'm not saying that everyone should be called John and Mary, but there are a few too many stupid names around at the moment. One of my students is named Elvis, for God's sake!!!

Now, that's just not true.

Also, my middle name is Jane, so now.

jane said:
One thing I really hate is when people call me 'Plain Jane'. I hate it 'cause it's true, but yizzers don't hafta rub my face in it. But anyway, now I really like my name. Except when people spell it with a 'y'.

making a joke based on someone's name is the lowest form of humour, e.g.:

Ro, Ro, Ro your boat.

Here, Ro - oh, you're my hero!!!

etc. etc.

A friend of mine called shitface used to get it all the time.

Wilbert said:
I know what you mean, but if you had a name that you didn't hate when you were a kid, that would have been better, right?

I'm not saying that everyone should be called John and Mary, but there are a few too many stupid names around at the moment. One of my students is named Elvis, for God's sake!!!

I think most kids want what other kids have no matter what, be it toys, clothes, schoolbags, or even names. Kids with unusual names think a standard one would be easier, and kids with common names want something less boring. Eventually, people just accept that their name is their name, or they change it. Or they use their middle names. Or go by 'Hag' rather than their perfectly nice Christian name.

But.....Elvis?

Did anyone see the thing about the people who named their babba Million'z ADolla'z? They've removed the page now because they took such a slagging, but there's a child destined for greatness. They really should have accounted for the decline in value of the American dollar. In about ten years, that kid's name is going to be no tougher than Fitty Cent.

ah shure it's onny gas. A man in work habitually refers to me as Crystal, why I cannot say. I'm not married to Blake Carrington, I don't have a wobbly lower lip, huge frosted flicks and massive shoulder pads. It is Fancy, a mystery.

FancyGoods said:
I agree with Crystal.

Listen Kurstal, don't let these jerks treat you like that.

maybe you should get a name tag that clearly displays 'krisyle'

or else just sing 'if you don't know me by know, you will never ever ever know me' at him everytime he mis-addresses you.

kirstie said:
ah shure it's onny gas. A man in work habitually refers to me as Crystal, why I cannot say. I'm not married to Blake Carrington, I don't have a wobbly lower lip, huge frosted flicks and massive shoulder pads. It is Fancy, a mystery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back