Name and Shame (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter hugh
  • Start date
  • Replies 57
  • Views 8K
  • Watchers 1
a couple of months ago i was on a teacher training course and on our last day it was suggested we all go out for lunch. i specified to the bloke who was organising it that i was a veggie so if we could go somewhere veggie friendly i would be really grateful. so he brought us to a place called l'gueuleton opposite road on fade street where the only vegetrain thing on the menu was a salad...i.e. a couple of bits of lettuce, a handful of seeds and a tomato cut swankily atop this!even the soups were made with meat stock but until i asked they were prepared to serve them as vegatarian soups..fuckin hell, worst place ever.every time i walk by i flick v signs at the window..blah.

it was the lack of directness that bugged me..when i said i was veggie they told me i could have soup or a salad..then when i asked what the soup stock was they said chicken and beef!bah. i blame the bloke who organised it to be honest, he should have asked what the vegetarian options were before we got there..prick.
i believe its deadly if yr a meat eater tho.

rotten tropics said:
the motherfucking burlington gave me a plate with rice,cauliflower and broccoli after saying on the phone they'd supply a vegan meal.had payed for a 5course meal,was young,still in school at the time,had no sense to complain and when i was advised to ring the next day just got bullshit from them.mighnt be relevant as this was a few years ago but probably the worst eating out experience i've ever had.
What put an indefinite end to me being vegan was when I went to Munich with my school, the teacher organising it said it would be no problem as she would phone ahead. Sadly package school trips included eating out EVERY FUCKING NIGHT in , oh my god, Wienerwald. Sausageworld. It was worse than the free food in mosney euughhhhhhh. I felt more sorry for the meat eaters than i did for myself... Anyhow on the days when they didn't serve me chips with vegetables, chips with salad, (and the waitress understood what I said because she replied with "no meat, no dairy, no egg") came out with a disgusting three cheese slimey vomit soup which I doubt was even vegetarian. I was absolutely starving on account and tried to eat some. Inedible. Oh yeah and it was the worst trip ever and i think i nearly cried everday and hated everyone. So Wienerwald gets 0/100

Also does anyone find that when you eat out in non fancy, non hotel restaurants, in a large number of people, esp in local places, you get really shitty service? There's this place in wicklow called Serpicos. When I go there with a few friends it's excellent but when i went with a group of 40 people we got a really substandard service. Not only was the food really poorely presented and undercooked (my pizza had raw mushrooms on it), but we each paid 2 euro in the set price for a mineral. They gave us those small irish coffee glasses and came around once with a jug of club orange or coke... :rolleyes:

Juice on South Great Georges st. Worst Service ever! I usually get a sandwich or something smallish for lunch but pay day last week decided to have a more leisurely lunch there.
The place was empty apart from two other tables one of which had food, and the other one came in after me.
The waiters ignored me for ages which I was even though there seemed to be three staff unoccupied in the place, eventually I got someone over to order...
not before they had asked the lady who came in after me if she would like to order twice and served another table that came in about 5 mins after.
Eventually I got to order and went to read my book and 30 later I got my food. which was manky a hard tortilla wrapped around undercooked veg, (i like crispy veg but not when they are meant to be sauteed). One of the mushrooms was so disfigured I couldn't stomach it. and left bitterly disappointed as I had been starving going in.

Avoid at all costs. snobby staff ( iwas wearing scruffy work clothes). overpriced for the miserable size of the portion.

Eliza Blues - terrible service, pretentious and badly presented food, small portions, over priced. What more is there to say?

WHATEVER RESTURAUNT IS IN THE CLARENCE HOTEL-BONO'S A DEAD MAN
AVOCA
ELIZA BLUES IS ROTTEN
CAPTAIN AMERICA'S (I KNOW IT'S ALWAYS BEEN CRAP, BUT IT'S REALLY EXTRA CRAP)
THAT GAFF BESIDE THE LASER DVD SHOP. HAS A TREE IN THE SIGN OR SOMETHIN'. COOL PAINTINGS BUT THE SMALLEST FOOD EVER.
BURGERMAX
CABO WABO
PATRICK GEE-BALLS...VILE
MARIO'S IN SANDYMOUNT

NO-QUANDO FOR ANY OF THESE

Osama Van Halen said:
THAT GAFF BESIDE THE LASER DVD SHOP. HAS A TREE IN THE SIGN OR SOMETHIN'. COOL PAINTINGS BUT THE SMALLEST FOOD EVER.

NO-QUANDO FOR ANY OF THESE

is that siam thai? my friend owns this. ahahahaaa.

the new fallon and byrne place (opposite dunnes on exchequer st) went there for brunch got a manky fruit cocktail thing that was like a vitamin tablet with fruit goo in it. american style little pan cakes that were raw and doughy in the middle coffees that came 15 mins after we had sent back the inedible pancakes. rude staff.
nice room tho.. and we didn't end up paying on the managers insistence. after we gave up waiting for replacement pancakes.
ho hum i had such hopes for this place.

Some new bagel-place next to the supervalu on the quays...

Was gonna have a hummus-bagel but they didn't have hummus so I kept my mediterranean-bent theme on and got a sicilian salad bagel.

Greaserrible, you could only taste the fat, since there was no way the rocket salad and cucumber were gonna taste at all - it had butter AND mayo AND cheese AND pesto !bog

I opened the thing wrapped in two papers and thought one of the papers was cling film 'cause i could see through it.

Also, the pesto came from a jar that looked exactly like the Lidl pesto, the stuff being also as grey as it is in Lidl...go figure

g-stereotypical said:
this is now a siam thai(open in 2 weeks). every restaranut thats gone in there has bombed. my friend now manages it.
tee hee

So the Malahide Siam Thai has moved premises? Coz obviously it used be up that little lane off Strand St. So it's moved to a more prominent spot, that's good.

I presume that it is moving, rather than opening a second Malahide branch a few hundred metres from the original??

roxy said:
So the Malahide Siam Thai has moved premises? Coz obviously it used be up that little lane off Strand St. So it's moved to a more prominent spot, that's good.

I presume that it is moving, rather than opening a second Malahide branch a few hundred metres from the original??

Aye. The malahide one has always been very nice indeedio. And G-stereo is lying, his friend manages the bar, not the whole yoke. Gave me a crate of corona and a crate of archers ( not, not, not for me) for a tenner each last week. What a man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back