Name and Shame (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter hugh
  • Start date
  • Replies 57
  • Views 8K
  • Watchers 1
it's completely shit.

Also completely shit in that general area, fitzers.

nofriendo said:
mexico to rome! good fuck thats an awful place, ordered the beef fajitas and i swear i got beef stew in a roll

swingkid said:
sinners on parliament st.

serve meat dishes as vegetarian dishes.
really? does this place have a bad rep? i was in there a few weeks ago and it seemed ok (except for the scary manager-man)

The Conrad Hotel, a five star hotel with a one star restaurant. Went there for Christmas dinner last year. Dreadful meal. The word that sums up the night is 'tepid'. Nothing was particularly warm, everything was a million miles from hot. I had a mosaic (wha?) of game, which was chunks of gristly pheasent, partridge and summat else, glued together with what appeared to be raw suet. It came with mushrooms which I can still taste now, they reminded me of the time I boiled up magic mushrooms and they went very slimy. I didn't suffer any amusing after-effets though, unfortunately.

For main course I had steak which was cooked perfectly but again, not very warm. That came with one mushroom, one shallot and a small square of gratin which either was a bit undercooked or had very waxy potatoes. When they came round for dessert orders we were asking what was the biggest cos we were very hungry. The brought a pot of coffee out and put it on the table before dessert came out. Dessert took so long they started pouring the coffee before we got the dessert! One of us asked for a cappucino cos we figured it would be hot at least. It was warm.

Pasta Fresca - took half an hour to get someone to take our order and another half an hour to cook it. I had mushroom ravioli which seemed devioid of mushrooms. My other half had something which tasted like Heinz spaghetti in a tin with one rasher of streaky bacon.

the ifi - the whole range of experience but increasingly craptastic the last few times i've been there. the last time, the garlic mayonnaise tasted off, and i sent it back, got more that tasted the same, and when i said it to the waiter she just shrugged at me and walked off. we'd already paid.

i hate complaining and i was super polite about it too.

also - harold's way in rathgar. totally indifferent staff and everything with cheese is totally blanketed in it.

Catwoman said:
Pasta Fresca - took half an hour to get someone to take our order and another half an hour to cook it. I had mushroom ravioli which seemed devioid of mushrooms. My other half had something which tasted like Heinz spaghetti in a tin with one rasher of streaky bacon.
I went to Pasta Fresco for lunch with a few workmates in October and the service was brutal. The staff seemed to be trying to get rid of us from the moment we walked in, despite the fact that we were all ordering at least two courses plus wine. We asked for a jug of water. They said they didn't 'do' jugs but they could bring us a (very expensive) bottle of mineral water. We later noticed that people at the other tables were given glasses of water that were topped up regularly by staff going around with JUGS! I was so pissed off by their attitude that i can't even remember what the food was like but I remember wishing I'd gone to Pizza Stop instead.

glen said:
They've changed that now to "Chicken salad with the runs sauce".

Theres an old saying that goes something like "make the runs your friend" or something. Code ninja told me that the last time he had the squitz he punched himself in the stomach while on the toilet and the sound of the burny poo hitting the loo was similar to that of a snare drum.

He then put a bog roll on the big toe of his right foot and used that as a bass drum and used a steel bin that had a pedal operated lid for a hi-hat. Now he could put his free arm behind his back and do an impression of Rick Allen from Def Leppard which not only looked the part but sounded the spitz of him.

carbide said:
the ifi - the whole range of experience but increasingly craptastic the last few times i've been there. the last time, the garlic mayonnaise tasted off, and i sent it back, got more that tasted the same, and when i said it to the waiter she just shrugged at me and walked off. we'd already paid.

IFI food is stodgy, greasy muck so it is. I always end up spilling it all over my black polo neck and beret.

Lefty Frizzell said:
Theres an old saying that goes something like "make the runs your friend" or something. Code ninja told me that the last time he had the squitz he punched himself in the stomach while on the toilet and the sound of the burny poo hitting the loo was similar to that of a snare drum.

He then put a bog roll on the big toe of his right foot and used that as a bass drum and used a steel bin that had a pedal operated lid for a hi-hat. Now he could put his free arm behind his back and do an impression of Rick Allen from Def Leppard which not only looked the part but sounded the spitz of him.
Ha, ha, I just did shit myself laughing at that.

the motherfucking burlington gave me a plate with rice,cauliflower and broccoli after saying on the phone they'd supply a vegan meal.had payed for a 5course meal,was young,still in school at the time,had no sense to complain and when i was advised to ring the next day just got bullshit from them.mighnt be relevant as this was a few years ago but probably the worst eating out experience i've ever had.

Romanza

14-17 Lower Leeson St.

avoid.

full of up there own arse customers not to mention unhelpful staff and being bet into a corner to eat some over priced shite. i wanted a beer with my main course. i asked the waiter & he said ive to go to the bar...... it took me 10minutes to get it by beating my way past my colleagues andall the other punters and then we waited over an hour and half for main course..... at 12.20!!! so this meal was spread over 2 days!!! & not in the classy way. i had to leave before main course because id plans to elsewhere before the night ended. load of shit.

also, 'Bang Cafe' on Baggot street somewhere. so up its own arse with overpriced crap. unbelievable. they served us frozen chips and their scallops were from frozen aswell. utter pretentious crap. lucky i wasnt paying again.

ernesto said:
also, 'Bang Cafe' on Baggot street somewhere. so up its own arse with overpriced crap. unbelievable. they served us frozen chips and their scallops were from frozen aswell. utter pretentious crap. lucky i wasnt paying again.

Yeah really unimpressed with that bang place, went there with my mum and dad for a treat when I graduated, had the risotto which was stodgy and shite. The waitress was quite friendly and polite though.

had lunch in Lotts, ordered a "fresh basil, chili and tomatoes pasta" or whatever, got a pasta with tomatoes and chicken!

they took it back "the cook will prepare you one without chicken"...as if it would be a surprise someone isn't happy about some extra chicken in their food. it wasn't enough for them not to have many vegetarian options, but they too have complimentary meats in the veggies. also was offered a free shnapps of leek and bacon soup, yummy.

food wasn't good either, my stomach is twisting a bit, :mad:

les amis in clontarf.
mam was away one weekend so my dad brought me, my girlfriend and my bro out for sunday lunch.
got there, place is jammers, its a kinda upmarket french style cafe that does fairly simple dishes but is a fucking joke price wise.
anyway our waitress comes over, flaring at the nostrils, slams down 4 menus on the table and walks away.
comes back over and just looks at me and shouts "YEAH" in a really impatient "get me the fuck outta here and back to my bed" kinda way.
ask for a coke and she shouts at me saying "I CANT HEAR YOU, YOU'RE GONNA HAVE TO SPEAK UP"
place was really loud but yer one didnt even have the decency to look at me whilst taking our orders, instead more interested in shouting across to her mate at the counter.
and so it goes... i say to my dad, fuck this, lets get the hell outta here. my dad, the patient being that he is decided no, "im not cooking so we're staying"
worst mistake ever, food took forever, place was full of screaming kids, horrible tension in the air anytime our waitress came to our table.
when she was taking our order for desserts i became engaged in a staring competition with her, i said to her she should rethink shouting at customers in the restaurant to which she continued to stare at me. fuck me i honestly thought she was gonna roundhouse kick me.
anyway, dont go there, beshoffs is 5 doors down on the seafront.gold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back