• Start date
  • Replies 57
  • Views 8K
  • Watchers 1

hugh

Contributor
Since 2000
Solutions
Inspired by the Gin Palace thread I want to out restaurants to be avoided. I'll start.

That place 66cafe or whatever its called on Georges Street. My missus was there with work people a few weeks ago. They had a table booked for 7 and arrived at 7:30 to be told that because they were late they couldn't order starters. They had one veggie option on the menu which was salad (apparently they have a seperate veggie menu - how stupid is that and why dont they bother to tell you this?). The main courses then took an hour to arrive. When they finished they were given the bill and not asked if they wanted desert or coffee.

Wankers! Wankers! Wankers!

Quay Street Restaraunt in galway - food was shite, tables were incredibly cramped and the waiters swapped half way through the meal so this one gay waiter could flirt a little too much with me and the brother, which isn't too cool in the first place, never mind when we're out for a family meal.

hugh said:
Inspired by the Gin Palace thread I want to out restaurants to be avoided. I'll start.

That place 66cafe or whatever its called on Georges Street. My missus was there with work people a few weeks ago. They had a table booked for 7 and arrived at 7:30 to be told that because they were late they couldn't order starters. They had one veggie option on the menu which was salad (apparently they have a seperate veggie menu - how stupid is that and why dont they bother to tell you this?). The main courses then took an hour to arrive. When they finished they were given the bill and not asked if they wanted desert or coffee.

Wankers! Wankers! Wankers!

I haven't heard anything good about 66. Wouldn't set foot in there, and the fact that it hasn't closed down yet is proof positive that people don't complain enough to management/ownership, or do enough naming and shaming and stuff. Or proof that people like being ripped off.

Sounds like a truly appalling restaurant. Even if the meals were works of art in every way, I wouldn't even want to go near a place that takes an hour to get mains onto the table.

Just remembered being in the IFC / IFF about 4 years ago with the missus. She's a veggie and ordered a veggie burger - I got a real one. The food arrived, mine was grand but she took a bite out of hers and it was beef. Pleased.

Then - 2 weeks later she's in there again (serves her right I say) with a mate. Her food was grand but her mate ordered that garlic chicken salad thing they used to do. Her mate's flipping through her salad and turns over a completely raw chicken breast.

vomit.7.jpg
vomit.8.jpg
vomit.9.jpg

Anal_Hygiene said:
the 4 lanterns in sligo - where I was served a punch in the face, with a side of choke from a bouncer.

Serves you right for attempting to eat in a 4 Lights establishment, they're all shite, unless your looking for a fight that is. Same goes for supermacs.

Shalimar, Georges St

Went in here on Saturday for a spot o' pre theatre nosh with my sisters. Jeezchrast. We only wanted mains so ordered and that was fine. My older sister ordered this chicken thing with 'potato rice'. We were wondering what on earth potato rice was and I thought it might have been riced potato, like indian mash or something. Anyway she asked and the waiter was all 'oh very special' etc. Out it came. There was a chicken thing in sauce, a little mound of pilau rice and.... A FUCKING HUGE PILE OF CHIPS. Not even nice chips, but gross frozen ones. So she called the waiter over and basically asked him what on earth they'd given her, cue surly attitudes from the wait staff, her saying 'there is no way I would have ordered this if I had known it was going to contain frozen chips', cue more surliness, then they got the manager who huffed and puffed and went off and then came back and said they'd run out of the normal potato thing so they thought chips would be fine. Her 'well sorry but they're not'. Anyway they offered to get her something else so she said she'd have a chicken balti. That arrived, by this stage we were really late and had to leave after about 2 bites so I hurredly paid the bill - they'd charged us for the original dish (17.50) but we didn't have time to fight with them about it so we just had to leave.

score: minus 34 out of ten.

swingkid said:
sinners on parliament st.
serve meat dishes as vegetarian dishes.

That place is long-gone though isn't it? Used to be handy for late-night boozing though ....

mexico to rome! good fuck thats an awful place, ordered the beef fajitas and i swear i got beef stew in a roll

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back