My favourite ad (1 Viewer)

Bellatrix said:
Those "Belly's gonna get ya!" ads were freaky as hell.

Also, if someone's been paid more than two yo for coming up with those "Go Hah-vey gooooooo" ads then brother, I don't know what to tell ya.

GO PLASMAS!!!!!!!!

GO HARVEY!!!!!!!

sorry. It's like a knee-jerk reaction with me.

HitsLikeAGirl said:
GO PLASMAS!!!!!!!!

GO HARVEY!!!!!!!

sorry. It's like a knee-jerk reaction with me.
I like the way he says "imagine watching the big event on one of these!". Pfft! "Big event" - it sounds like he doesn't know what sports we like in this country or something.

There's a real funny castlemain XXXX ad with cylclist who gets run off the side off a cliff, falls to his death, comes to on another road, realises he's still alive, gets run over by a truck, wakes up again, gets knocked off that one over an even higher cliff, survives miraculously again etc, etc,.....

Then it cuts to Death, sipping a cold one while watching the horses down the village boozer.

You had to be there i guess.

haven't read thru everything here but three honourable mentions:

i'll be your dawg kiora ad

accrington stanley milk ad

budweiser blues guitarist ad

"rabies kills.... agonisingly."

always gave me a chuckle. :D

there were a bollock load of classy information ads from the 80s. there was "fit enough to catch that bus?", and the one with the nun and the deaf baby of course...

and that cartoon of the dog who kills a load of sheep. the jowels!

plug said:
"rabies kills.... agonisingly."

always gave me a chuckle. :D

there were a bollock load of classy information ads from the 80s. there was "fit enough to catch that bus?", and the one with the nun and the deaf baby of course...

and that cartoon of the dog who kills a load of sheep. the jowels!

Not Irish sadly but I'd recommend Charley Says Vols 1 and 2 for some deadly UK Public Information Films

Just £10.99 (no postage) for the double DVD set
http://www.sendit.com/video/item/7000000088537

pete said:
Civ's Can't Wait One Minute More is currently being used to flog Nissan's in the US
having listened to a clip of this crap i'm not suprised. until 2003 i had never heard any revelation bands despite being into hardcore for a decade at that stage. even gorilla biscuits' stuff sounds awfully over produced. i often heard of civ but had no idea the band were on a major label until now . for me urban waste, nihilistics, united blood era AF etc. represent nyhc's best era.............................................................................. ..............................people were going on about public information ads my favourite irish ad is one of these from the seventies. a long running fire prevention one with the punchline "john did ya put the cat out ?" set last thing at night in your modern joe normal dublin housing estate. " ahh no the carpet !".

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back