MY DISCO (Melbourne) SCUL HAZZARDS (Brisbane) JOGGING - 13th April Whelans Upstairs (1 Viewer)

Re: MY DISCO (Melbourne) SCUL HAZZARDS (Brisbane) JOGGING - 13th April Whelans Upstai

I would have said shellac with a lil yest. They're much more interesting to watch live than shellac and they have less plane.

Re: MY DISCO (Melbourne) SCUL HAZZARDS (Brisbane) JOGGING - 13th April Whelans Upstai

I would have said shellac with a lil yest. They're much more interesting to watch live than shellac and they have less plane.

I agree (but i would, wouldn't i:rolleyes: )

While their rhythm section is obviously indebted in some way to Shellac, they are quite a different beast live.
Watching Shellac live is quite informal and jokey, watching My Disco live is much more intense.

They are better than Shellac
there ive said it

these lads were deadly in limerick a few years ago. seen Shellac a few times but got more out of watching these guys i gotta say

this is gonna RAWK!.|..|
theres something sadistic about watching a drummer put himself through that kind of endurance!
actually, now that in think of it...looking at the posters and all...are they sadists?:confused:

this is gonna RAWK!.|..|
theres something sadistic about watching a drummer put himself through that kind of endurance!
actually, now that in think of it...looking at the posters and all...are they sadists?:confused:

i haven't seen them in nearly 4 years so i'm really lookin forward to it.
this usedta be my favourite song when i usedta go see em all the time... only found it there

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLK1x4fZKOc"]YouTube - My Disco "In The Benelux"[/ame]

Defo one of the 50 best Aussie bands

my new favourite band

"it flew... until it fell"

.|..|

I agree (but i would, wouldn't i:rolleyes: )

While their rhythm section is obviously indebted in some way to Shellac, they are quite a different beast live.
Watching Shellac live is quite informal and jokey, watching My Disco live is much more intense.

jesus, yeah. shellac are great and all but they just act the maggot live. my disco are a much better live band.

jesus, yeah. shellac are great and all but they just act the maggot live. my disco are a much better live band.
how does 'acting the maggot' take away from their performances? i think it adds to them. not taking themselves so seriously is refreshing

Yeah, i just find some of their antics a bit annoying to be honest. I still like their albums.

Think i saw My Disco about once a month when I was in Melbourne, surely one of the hardest working bands there, the fact that they're independently touring "Paradise" still over a year later is deadly.

The artwork for Paradise, particularly on the vinyl version is up there with the best of them, shot somewhere out in the middle of nowhere in central Australia i think.

Attachments

• mydisco.jpeg
    mydisco.jpeg
    8.9 KB · Views: 34

Tempted to go to this, are there still tickets available?

Tempted to go to this, are there still tickets available?

i haven't checked back in with WAV, but i assume there is, yeah.

I've never seen Scul Hazzards but lookin forward to 'em

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

in 2 days!

I actually love gigs

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back