SW Club : MY DISCO! & THREAD PULLS w/ Guests // Thur 30 Nov (1 Viewer)

skinny wolves

Website
www.skinnywolves.com
Skinny Wolves Club

MY DISCO!
W/ THREAD PULLS

& Guests

w/ Skinny Wolves & Guests DJs

Thursday 30th November
The Hub, Dublin

/////////////////////////////////////////////////

MY DISCO!
http://www.myspace.com/mdband
http://www.mydisco.com.au/
http://numericalthief.com/artists.asp?id=9

mydisco.jpg

MY DISCO formed in Melbourne, Australia in the summer of 2003, between long term collaborators Rohan Rebeiro, Liam Andrews and Ben Andrews.

Since their first public performances, the band have performed in seven countries, including regions of South- east Asia and extensive touring throughout North America. During this time countless releases and re-issues on often unconventional formats have had limited release.

Renowned for their angular, agitated guitar sounds and an intricate time feel, MY DISCO have garnered much regard from their visceral live shows, undergoing extensive international touring, acclaimed supports with the likes of Deerhoof, The Gossip, Mogwai, Weird War, and world-class festivals (Meredith Music Festival.)

The 2006 release of their debut album "Cancer" features a minimalist approach to their song writing, deconstructing ideas within their arrangements. With a conscious focus on stark instrumentation, a concept of space and distinct structure is predominant on this recording. Somewhat of a departure from their previous output, "Cancer" concentrates less on non-linear time disposition and more towards streamlined ideas that depend upon an emphatic notion of rhythm and atonalality. Cancer" is out September 18 through Stomp / Numerical Thief.

2006 sees the band return to North America in November, as well as their first visit to the United Kingdom and Ireland supporting Fat Cat recording artist Charlottefield. Upon their return, MY DISCO will be performing at the 16th Annual Meredith Music Festival, in Victoria.

////

The 2006 release of their debut album "Cancer" features a minimalist approach to their song writing, deconstructing ideas within their arrangements. With a conscious focus on stark instrumentation, a concept of space and distinct structure is predominant on this recording. Somewhat of a departure from their previous output, "Cancer" concentrates less on non-linear time disposition and more towards streamlined ideas that depend upon an emphatic notion of time and atonal narrative.

THREAD PULLS
www.myspace.com/threadpulls
www.threadpulls.com

First gig since April.

threadpulls_Gallo_ATP.jpg

MORE INFO SOON

Everybody should seriously go to this, MyDisco are AMAZING! They are God's in Melbourne's underground scene and they've got that great Shallac sound AND a great live show (unlike Shallac...oh I went there).

Everybody should seriously go to this, MyDisco are AMAZING! They are God's in Melbourne's underground scene and they've got that great Shallac sound AND a great live show (unlike Shallac...oh I went there).

The guitarist also plays in an absolutely crushing grindcore band called Agents of Abhorrence.Somebody get these over please.

sucks that this is the same night as porco dio/kaboogie collab.

they've got that great Shallac sound AND a great live show (unlike Shallac...oh I went there).

Shallac?
Shellac?

I suppose the bass and drums are a bit like Shellac, but the guitar playing in My Disco is SOOO much better, a lot more interesting than Shellac (well, at least at this point in time).

Yeah, saw Agents of Abhorrence a few times in Melbourne.
First as a 2 piece, and then later as a 3piece.
Also amazing.
They did a split with Iron Lung, i think?

anyway....GO TO THIS GIG!!!

FRENCH LETTER A has now confirmed as SPECIAL GUEST!!!!!!

ie. the original prick himself will be 'playing with' My Disco & Threadpulls....

Deadly!!!

did you see yourselves in the limerick independent?

MY DISCO!
http://www.myspace.com/mdband
http://www.mydisco.com.au/
http://numericalthief.com/artists.asp?id=9

mydisco.jpg

MY DISCO formed in Melbourne, Australia in the summer of 2003, between long term collaborators Rohan Rebeiro, Liam Andrews and Ben Andrews.

Since their first public performances, the band have performed in seven countries, including regions of South- east Asia and extensive touring throughout North America. During this time countless releases and re-issues on often unconventional formats have had limited release.

Renowned for their angular, agitated guitar sounds and an intricate time feel, MY DISCO have garnered much regard from their visceral live shows, undergoing extensive international touring, acclaimed supports with the likes of Deerhoof, The Gossip, Mogwai, Weird War, and world-class festivals (Meredith Music Festival.)

The 2006 release of their debut album "Cancer" features a minimalist approach to their song writing, deconstructing ideas within their arrangements. With a conscious focus on stark instrumentation, a concept of space and distinct structure is predominant on this recording. Somewhat of a departure from their previous output, "Cancer" concentrates less on non-linear time disposition and more towards streamlined ideas that depend upon an emphatic notion of rhythm and atonalality. Cancer" is out September 18 through Stomp / Numerical Thief.

2006 sees the band return to North America in November, as well as their first visit to the United Kingdom and Ireland supporting Fat Cat recording artist Charlottefield. Upon their return, MY DISCO will be performing at the 16th Annual Meredith Music Festival, in Victoria.

////

The 2006 release of their debut album "Cancer" features a minimalist approach to their song writing, deconstructing ideas within their arrangements. With a conscious focus on stark instrumentation, a concept of space and distinct structure is predominant on this recording. Somewhat of a departure from their previous output, "Cancer" concentrates less on non-linear time disposition and more towards streamlined ideas that depend upon an emphatic notion of time and atonal narrative.

MY DISCO come fully approved by old touring partners the GOSSIP.
BRACE PAINE: "Man, they beat Shellac at their own game and piss all over them. The guitarist is unreal, he beats out some crazy shit."

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back