Tim Hecker w/ special guest Ellll, The Button Factory Thurs Nov 20th (1 Viewer)

Vinnie

Supporter
Since 2000
Website
www.thejimmycake.org
Misery Beat & Enthusiastic Eunuch Present:

TIM HECKER (CAN - Kranky)
With Special Guest:
Ellll
Button Factory, Curved Street, Dublin 2
Thursday November 20th, 2014
Tickets: €15 + booking fee.
Available from Tickets.ie Ireland - Tickets.ie - Information For Event Tim Hecker

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Two and a half years on from his first unforgettable, sold-out performance in Ireland at the Unitarian Church, Canadian ambient artist Tim Hecker returns to Dublin for a special one-off show at the Button Factory. Having released his seventh solo album, Virgins, in late 2013 to great acclaim (8.3/Best New Music - Pitchfork, “his most ambitious record yet” - FACT), Hecker is back on the road with a show darker, more intense and more powerful than anything he’s done before.

Hecker’s reputation has grown steadily since he released his first album, Haunt Me Haunt Me, Do It Again back in 2001. His sixth album, Ravedeath 1972, with its grand church organ distortions and bone-shattering bass, bore all the hallmarks of a unique artist making mature work in the most awesome way imaginable. Since then, collaborations with Oneohtrix Point Never and film scoring
have seen Hecker exploring new directions and Virgins continues this, with Hecker utilising a small orchestral ensemble to beautiful, violent and haunting effect. The results are immediately recognisable as his work, but somehow sound like nothing else he’s done.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Expect a dark and intense night of pummelling sonics, earth-shaking bass and moments of sublime
beauty. Special guest on the night is Cork musician Ellll, with her uniquely twisted take on ambience, noise and techno.

Ellll's profile - Hear the world’s sounds

Acclaim for Virgins:

Virgins feels possessed by the idea that no advancements in society or technology will ever shake
our primal reactions to fear, wonder, awe and what in a more naïve era used to be called the
sublime
.” (8.3/10 - Pitchfork)

This volatility is Virgins’ most intriguing feature; where on previous albums you would expect
Hecker’s songs to soar, now they teem with internal energy. The result, unexpectedly, is his most
ambitious record yet.
” (FACT)

Virgins is Tim Hecker at his most thought-provoking and enigmatic.” - The Quietus

more than likely yeah.

The gig in that church at stephens green wasn't all that great but it wasn't a great venue to begin with

Strong possibility of me going. Love his albums and really enjoyed the gig he did in the Unitarian Church. Button Factory is kind of putting me off though, this really should be an all seated gig.

Stageish timesish for tommorrow night

Ellll: 8.45
T.Hecker: 9.45

Button Factory is kind of putting me off though, this really should be an all seated gig.

A fair point and a seated show would have been the preference but Dublin isn't blessed with suitably sized venues with seating options that have a PA that could meet Mr Hecker's needs

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back