MY DISCO (Melbourne) SCUL HAZZARDS (Brisbane) JOGGING - 13th April Whelans Upstairs (1 Viewer)

ronan

Since 2000
Labeled everything from "post-hardcore/math rock," "minimalist Melbourne DIY" and "reductive art-rock," to put it simply, My Disco is a Melbourne-based trio that transform basic rock instruments into a chaotically organised synthesis of sound. Effortlessly fusing the spectacularly disciplined drumming of Rohan Rebeiro and the frenetic sharpness of guitarist Ben Andrews, with the mechanical bass and hauntingly precise vocals of Liam Andrews, My Disco creates the type of live set that leaves your chest heaving, ears bleeding and your mind unsure of what you've just witnessed.

mydisco2.jpg

My Disco (Melbourne)
Scul Hazzards (Brisbane)
Jogging (Dublin)

Whelans Upstairs
Mon 13th April.
8pm. €10.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_-Rg9fIO8Y"]YouTube - My Disco - Perfect Protection[/ame]

www.myspace.com/mydiscomydisco
www.myspace.com/sculhazzards
www.myspace.com/joggingband

Re: MY DISCO (Melbourne) SCUL HAZZARDS (Brisbane) JOGGING - 13th April Whelans Upstai

Scul Hazzards are great, seen em in London

Re: MY DISCO (Melbourne) SCUL HAZZARDS (Brisbane) JOGGING - 13th April Whelans Upstai

JACKSON & JACKSON INC

haha, no... just me meself.
No name as such.

Only the 2nd international band i've put on, don't really intend on makin a habit outta it...

haha, no... just me meself.
No name as such.

Only the 2nd international band i've put on, don't really intend on makin a habit outta it...

best of luck with this one Ronan.
My Disco are deadly live.

Yep, every time i saw them they wore pants.
A pair each!

(although by these promo photos i wouldn't blame you for asking...)

mydisco.jpg

MyDisco are AWESOME! Saw them several times in Melbourne and they always sound so tight...really well respected in Melbourne, even outside of "the scene" something that doesnt really happen in Dublin.

Defo be there.|..|.|..|.|..|

really well respected in Melbourne, even outside of "the scene" something that doesnt really happen in Dublin.

heh?
i don't get what this means?
who is or isn't respected in Dublin?

anyway, more live My Disco

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

No-one begrudges them their success in Melbourne media, whether underground or not...unlike any number of web pages and publications in Dublin when referring to similar Irish bands

No-one begrudges them their success in Melbourne media, whether underground or not...unlike any number of web pages and publications in Dublin when referring to similar Irish bands

i think that's just a difference between Irish (cynicism, begrudgery) and Australians (proud) in general... nothing particular to any music scene.
But as a self-acclaimed fan of said cynicism and begrudgery, i can't complain

Definitely the biggest Australian band playing Dublin that week.

Apart from some other chancers the following Saturday...

Poster

myjogging.jpg

That's a deadly poster! Lovin' the Flintstonesesque font.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back