My Bloody Valentine were my comedy band (4 Viewers)

• Thread starter RSJ
  • Start date
  • Replies 36
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 3
i preferred ride to my bloody valentine... the first four ep's and nowhere were absolutely great - 25 wonderful songs... after that it was steadily downhill...

I make it 23

Ride (4)
Play (4)
Fall (4)
Today Forever (4)

Nowhere (7 - Dreams Burn Down also on Fall)

Going Blank Again is even better in my opinion. Carnival Of Light is deadly in a different vibe. Don't think much of Tarantula.

Live: TCD and McGonagles 1990 rocked. Feile 1991 was amazing.

A guy I know is Kevin Shields' cousin and was talking to him at a family reunion last weekend.. says they'll be touring next year.

I make it 23

Ride (4)
Play (4)
Fall (4)
Today Forever (4)

Nowhere (7 - Dreams Burn Down also on Fall)

Going Blank Again is even better in my opinion. Carnival Of Light is deadly in a different vibe. Don't think much of Tarantula.

Live: TCD and McGonagles 1990 rocked. Feile 1991 was amazing.

you are of course correct... 4+4+4+4+7 does not equal 25...

going blank again is pretty great too but didn't reach the heights of those releases in my opinion... ride absolutely shat on MBV in a live setting too... one of the greatest live bands...

Ride a great live band? Four floppy-haired students mewling into their mikes and staring at their desert boots?

Kick out the jams mo'fo.

Ride a great live band? Four floppy-haired students mewling into their mikes and staring at their desert boots?

Kick out the jams mo'fo.

did you ever go see them mitchy?... certainly around '90 to '91 they gave it socks... never saw them after that...

did you ever go see them mitchy?... certainly around '90 to '91 they gave it socks... never saw them after that...

Yup. Feile & that McGonagles gig.

I'm pretty sure Mark Gardner mumbled the name of one of the songs at the McGonagles gig. Rock on Tommy!

Yup. Feile & that McGonagles gig.

I'm pretty sure Mark Gardner mumbled the name of one of the songs at the McGonagles gig. Rock on Tommy!

oh i see... you like your rock stars to talk during gigs, then...

...ever been to a frames gig?

oh i see... you like your rock stars to talk during gigs, then...

...ever been to a frames gig?

I do like a bit of animation or interaction from a live performance, yes. Artist to get cock out, optional.

Yeah I've seen The Frames twice. Mr. Hansard reminds me of an over-eager Sports & Social rep. when he gets going.
Unintentionally hilarious but at least it's a spectacle.

I do like a bit of animation or interaction from a live performance, yes. Artist to get cock out, optional.

Yeah I've seen The Frames twice. Mr. Hansard reminds me of an over-eager Sports & Social rep. when he gets going.
Unintentionally hilarious but at least it's a spectacle.

ah here, i'm only winding you up...

i quite like a bit of interaction too... but in all seriousness, ride were super tight, super loud and basically pretty fuckin' wonderful when it came to playing live... MBV weren't

We'll have to respectfully agree to disagree so.

Loop are probably the only band of that ilk I'd be bothered listening to now. Nah I liked the first two Ride eps but I thought they lost their way when they recorded the album-some of it sounds good at 45 rpm though. I've been threatening to dig out the first (and only?) Swervedriver album for a while-they played a great show back in day in the Rock Garden. Maybe I just thought they were lively because they slouched rather than hunched and yer man's dreads flailed about in slo-mo in front of the strobes.

I've been threatening to dig out the first (and only?) Swervedriver album for a while-they played a great show back in day in the Rock Garden. Maybe I just thought they were lively because they slouched rather than hunched and yer man's dreads flailed about in slo-mo in front of the strobes.

You should dig it out. Still good. They made four albums in total. The Juggernaut Rides double CD comp is very nice.

The Rock Garden gig was very good. They were touring that debut LP, Raise and it mostly rocked.

LOOP - played A Gilded Eternity recently. What a record. Did you see them when they played? Therapy? supported.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back