MY BLOODY VALENTINE FOR ELECTRIC PICNIC (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter tim
  • Start date
  • Replies 79
  • Views 8K
  • Watchers 4

tim

I met a friend last night whos uncle operates the entire merchandising for all the major gigs and festivals in Ireland. He would have to know well in advance i.e. NOW what he will need to be selling, what he'll have to get produced etc.

So he passed on these bands to my friend who he said would be playing:

BJORK, SONIC YOUTH, MY BLOODY VALENTINE.

I really don't know what shape or form My bloody valentine would appear in, whether it would just be Kevin Shields with new members or whatever was left at the band at Loveless time. So here's hoping this will be officially announced soon.

careless talk costs lives

is that the kind of thing someone could get into trouble for talking about? if so, you should edit the (possibly) identifying information out.

careless talk costs lives

is that the kind of thing someone could get into trouble for talking about? if so, you should edit the (possibly) identifying information out.

Too late to edit now.

Holy shit, I didn't think anything would make me want to go to the Electric Picnic.

Load of fucking cock that they don't sell day tickets anymore.

I dunno, there was a lot of truth about that early line-up leak last year - MF Doom, 2 Live Cre, NWA all showed up...

The constant (spurious) rumours of new MBV activity over the last few years make this very difficult to believe.. Nice idea, anyway!

That sounds like bollocks to me. I imagine they'd be informing the press before informing Mr Whippy or whatever some guys's uncle's name is.

Im just passing on what I was told last night and what was said is definetely true and legit information but its obviously not in any of our hands whether it goes ahead all the way.

I was scepticle aswell and assumed he meant Jesus and the Mary Chain since they are a shoegaze band that have just reformed but my friend insisted since he is a big MBV fan and his uncle told him because he knew he was a huge fan. Anyway Ive told all I know based on what somebody in the industry has said and I hope it turns out to be true.

it'd be great to see mbv,but i dunno,dont have my hopes up but it would be cool

I'll believe it when its officially announced Aonghus but Im just telling people what I've heard from a legit source. Something Kevin Shields "related" seems more plausible anyway.

I'll believe it when its officially announced Aonghus but Im just telling people what I've heard from a legit source. Something Kevin Shields "related" seems more plausible anyway.

They did a recent interview in magnet magazine and shields said he'd be doing some other kind of album in the future. This statement would add further credibility to your rumour but ya know, who knows.

maybe My Chemical Romance of Bullet For My valentine are playing...?

Who knows, Bjork has been rumoured quite a bit,,,

I reckon The Beastie Boys will play, they're playing at the Bestival thing on the Isle of Wight a week later...

If MBV were even considering doing a few shows it'd be all over the press/net by now.
I hope it's true but I saeriously doubt it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back