Cave In - Shake My Blood (Hydra Head) (1 Viewer)

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
CAVE IN RELEASE SPACE ROCK TINGED NEW SINGLE “SHAKE MY BLOOD ”
TAKEN FROM FORTHCOMING ALBUM FINAL TRANSMISSION
INCOMING VIA HYDRA HEAD ON JUNE 7TH

As a band redefined by the loss of bassist Caleb Scofield, Cave In have been slowly teasing their continued identity as one of post-hardcore’s most resilient contingents. With the June 7th release of their Final Transmission LP rapidly approaching, the band has released yet another glimpse of the future’s promise, via the new track “Shake My Blood."

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

With nearly seven years elapsed since their last album, the members of Cave In convened at their rehearsal space in February 2018 in hopes of capturing lightning in a bottle. After a weekend spent laying the groundwork for new songs to come, Caleb Scofield got in his truck and drove home to New Hampshire. It was the last time his bandmates would ever see him. In an instant, a light had gone out in the world—a monstrous bass tone, a feral roar, a friend and father. While Caleb may not be of this world any longer, his fingerprints can be seen and felt all over Final Transmission. Along with appearing on the album’s opening track an iPhone voice memo, he plays bass on six of the album’s remaining eight songs, and guitar on the other two.

Originally intended as demos, Final Transmission was brought to fruition by a band in need of catharsis, then mixed by Andrew Schneider and mastered by James Plotkin. Even a cursory listen of Final Transmission will offer glimpses of past Cave In eras, from the scintillating space rock of their 2000 breakthrough opus Jupiter to the ripping metal melodies of White Silence. All told, it’s a direction that was largely spearheaded by Caleb Scolfield’s musical legacy.

Final Transmission will be released on June 7th. Half of the proceeds from Final Transmission will be given to Caleb Scofield’s wife and children. Preorder a copy via Hydra Head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back