Music magazines (1 Viewer)

Which music magazines do you buy?

• Total voters
These days I do most of my reading online and get the Observer Music Monthly. (Although the OMM give nearly ALL albums 4/5 out of 5 which is ridiculous!!)

all those 4/5 star ratings from OMM are ridiculous alright.

I just get Plan B these days which I'm enjoying more lately despite the lack of Miss Amp articles which were always my favourites.

Bought the first 3 issues of State. Some of the photography was excellent but that was all I liked.

thats the name of the first Judas Priest record. is it anything like early judas priest music?

Er. No.

rockarolla15.jpg

to be honest i find wire tough going as i am not familiar with alot of the bands.

Surely that's a good thing?

I'm too old for MOJO or UNCUT. There's only so many ways they can spin the Fab Four meeting Dylan shouting Judas smuggling sharks on planes and moving to Berlin.

all those 4/5 star ratings from OMM are ridiculous alright.

I just get Plan B these days which I'm enjoying more lately despite the lack of Miss Amp articles which were always my favourites.

Bought the first 3 issues of State. Some of the photography was excellent but that was all I liked.

Is Miss Amp gone? Aw. Some of Plan B is wilfully oblique but when it's good, it's great.

The reviews in OMM are so ridiculous - there could be 25 reviews and all of them could get 4 or 5 out of 5. It makes it hard to take them seriously.

id pick up mojo / uncut / word / anything really for a flight.

I may be up my own arse here but seriously what new do any of these magazines bring to the table?? I don't want to see another fucking reappraisal of Nirvanas career (Mojo), wondering who the best dead rock star is (Word) or another Beatles feature (Uncut).

These are the bulk of the magazine, if the mag had other lesser known features and used the above to get your average joe soap to buy then fair enough but they don't. This months Uncut has in its reviews section: U2, MBV, Elton John, Beck & Lou Reed. Most of those are reissued albums that people have already. Grr..

thats good to know! and the bands on the cover look good too!
great -thanks

It's a really good mag. The reviews can be sparse sometimes as they review a hell of a lot of stuff (most of them even I've not heard of) but they have loads of space for interviews, a 6 page Wolf Eyes one in particular was great.

Having bought the Wire every month for about two to three years I realised I should have subscribed.

The articles and columns are very intelligent, but ultimately it leaves you with the same feeling after a good wank.

By the way, do zines count for this? If they do then I always pick up Devil On 45 (when's the next issue out Ed??), HeartattCk (well, when it was running anyway) & Maximum Rock n Roll from time to time.

There needs to be a film version of this thread. I need more than Sight & Sound to keep me going.

Availability in airports I think was the point.

I was raging against the magazines in general. Most airposts I've been in recently had copies of good mags other than those lot anyway.

anyone have subscriptions?

rates uncompetitive for Ireland.

I have two
- Wire [because of the subscriber-only CDs]
- Shindig [because I can't find it anywhere]

I will have to soon when heading away to make sure I don't miss any. £50 for a Wire sub is harsh though.

Devil On 45 (which reminds me I must get my submission sorted). Paul you should do something for it.

anyone have subscriptions?

rates uncompetitive for Ireland.

I have two
- Wire [because of the subscriber-only CDs]
- Shindig [because I can't find it anywhere]

just wire, but would happily pay more for them to excise david keenan's witterings. nicely and politely put in his place by nihilist spasm band this issue.

lloyd swanton's letter had me laughing

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back