music is shite (2 Viewers)

donnacha said:
Anyone else ever feel like this?

I'm particularly innarested to hear if any of you other musicians sometimes completely despair of the whole thing?

:(
!bog
:confused:

..after a couple of gigs in a row..specially if you get a crap one thrown in..you gotta keep commin back though!..don't lose hope!!

>>Anyone else ever feel like this?<<

Sometimes but something will always make my head turn and muster some enthusiasm in me. Had an unusually long spell of 'it's all shit' just recently.... But I'm all right noooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww.

donal dineen keeps new music flowin into my
ears on a regular basis and for this im eternally grateful

must thank him if i ever meet the cunt
dont know about that accent of his
and tyrone did them in the GAA the dirty kerrymen

get up the park canavan ye baldy oufella!

sometimes I'd rather listen to recorded sounds of anything other than music...as if music is the least interesting thing I could hear...

and sometimes there's is absolutely no music I rate at all...like everything ever done is just a contrived, impure, wasted opportunity to do something good...

oh, and sometimes it saves my day completely and gives me faith.

donnacha said:

I'm particularly innarested to hear if any of you other musicians sometimes completely despair of the whole thing?

!bog

Not a musician or nuttin' but i start thinking like that from time to time, then something lovely comes along and changes it. That or i just stick on forever changes and all turns well.

donnacha said:

!bog

Yeah. It used to be cyclical : a kind of annual variation. Then for a year or more even, I couldnt listen to anything. This year has been pretty good though : discovered a lot of new stuff that I really like. I think the most important thing is not to listen to/make stuff if you dont feel like it. Thats when the real damage starts.

d.

I never really despair with music. Unless I hear Morrisey followed by the Communards, and Robbie Williams. That shit makes me wanna play Death Metal. And burn everything !!

familiar with that feeling but then i go and listen to a definite personal favourite and usually just melt away into the music

i'm not a musician as such but i do write my own songs and music but i find that they are personal
and the fact that i reckon they're shite stops me from sharing them with anyone.
good on you for having the courage to get the inside out
kudos ;)

Yup...I nearly ALWAYS feel like this. Although lately I'm feeling a bit better about things...dunno, I guess you just need to keep the head down when it seems shite and make an extra effort, and have some faith (or at least take a chance on) that it'll come good in the end. Seems to work for me, at least some of the time. If you get over it once or twice you'll probably come in time to just disregard it, as you'll figure that it'll just pass again (the way one can just ignore depression to some extent if it's brought on by a hangover). Also, I don't think there's ANYONE, no matter how great, who doesn't get like that at some stage.

snakybus said:
no need to rationalise these feelings, people

have you considered the fact that maybe you ARE just shite?

because ye are, all of ye

a load of shite-peddling shitehawks

ah yes but I'm not worried that what I'm doing is shite 'per se' but that the whole enterprise is actually a bag of shite.

Even the music I love and I know is great seems flimsy and inconsequential right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back