music is shite (2 Viewers)

thegoone said:
"hurry up and bring out an UPTOWN RAQUET CLUB
album instead o' procrastinatin' "
-joxer ,excerpt from Juno and the Paycock

Uptown are frequently locked away in various rooms, fondling and molesting material recorded some months ago in order to complete an album. We're also writing some new material.

That stuff will surface soon. [next few months].

snakybus said:
And music is the one artform that gets into everyone's everyday life. Everyone likes music. Did you ever ask someone do you like music and they say no? No I didn't think so.

?

donnacha doesnt like music

i do tho' music is bleedin magic i think id jump off a cliff if it somehow died out

RAD-ALARM said:
what type of music are you talking about anyway? NAME NAMES!

everything. no names necessary.

anyway, I don't want anyone to think I'm having an existential crisis specifically about my music or the music I do with URC [ if anyone remembers who the hell that is at this stage].

It is a far more generalised sense of antipathy with regard to music.

In fact, it's almost apathy. I don't really know what's out there anymore and I couldn't care less.

I haven't heard anything in at least a year that's made me go WOW!..... I *HAVE* to own that cd.

Now that I think of it, I *do* quite like parts of the new mogwai cd although someone borrowed it from me about six weeks ago and still has it.

I bought 'homogenic' from cdwow.ie a few weeks ago as I had mot seen my copy anywhere for about 4 years and felt like hearing 'Joga'. That album is mostly gold.

i once caught one of my friends older brothers dancing around in the kitchen with a mop(as the girl) with shades on listening to
NEVER MET A GIRL...

needless to say he wasnt happy and when we all started breakin our shit laughin at him he started on me because i was the first in the door
what a fool , he was about twice my age , and he didnt realise
he looked like and even bigger fool afterwards when we told everyone

donnacha said:
I bought 'homogenic' from cdwow.ie a few weeks ago as I had mot seen my copy anywhere for about 4 years and felt like hearing 'Joga'. That album is mostly gold.

Assumin you've heard 'Vespertine' then, that didn't do it for ya? So luuush... :cool:

donnacha said:
everything. no names necessary.

anyway, I don't want anyone to think I'm having an existential crisis specifically about my music or the music I do with URC [ if anyone remembers who the hell that is at this stage].

It is a far more generalised sense of antipathy with regard to music.

In fact, it's almost apathy. I don't really know what's out there anymore and I couldn't care less.

I haven't heard anything in at least a year that's made me go WOW!..... I *HAVE* to own that cd.

Now that I think of it, I *do* quite like parts of the new mogwai cd although someone borrowed it from me about six weeks ago and still has it.

Man, sounds like your in some serious trouble.
I`d advise you to get your ass down to the next Cajun concert that hits town and tap those feet!!
Or alternativlely go off and treat yourself to a copy of Miles Davis - A kind of Blue.That`ll make everything alright - trust me.

Rimbaud said:
Or alternativlely go off and treat yourself to a copy of Miles Davis - A kind of Blue.That`ll make everything alright - trust me.

jazz alert! its actually called "kind of blue" not "a kind of blue"!

you're welcome! ;)

a gem of wisdom from sinead o connor:

"I am more than grateful, of course, for the support of all of you. And for the fact that I can feed my children without having to marry some ugly millionaire with a two-inch dick!"

:p

(these icons are all versions of sinead o connor as they have no hair...)

Donnacha, I can understand where you're coming from. I gave up on all pop/rock/whatever you want to call it music a couple of years ago and now listen almost exclusively to classical music. Not sure if that's the solution for everyone though. And that's also starting to run out. I can see meself being in a bit of trouble in a couple of years...hmm, this attempt at being comforting isn't exactly going as planned...anyway, if all other music is shite, mebbe there's a void for you to fill, no? Or are you shite as well?

michaelknight said:
I gave up on all pop/rock/whatever you want to call it music a couple of years ago and now listen almost exclusively to classical music. Not sure if that's the solution for everyone though. And that's also starting to run out.

I hit the same thing a few years back, got sick of trying to write for 'band' combinations so went the classical route. No danger of it running out but I do find myself switching every couple of seasons between lots of classical or lots of other...opened up a lot more avenues but leaves you a little out of the loop as the band scene moves so much quicker.

Reading Brian Eno's [fascinating] diary at the moment.

Came across this one line last night :

'Sometimes I'm so sick of music'.

That was comforting, Eno being a bit of a hero to me.

I worked in X-Music on the quays for a few months when I came back from the states in 1998, not knowing what to do with myself.

U2 were recording here at the time. A call came through and I was told to pack up a particular synthesiser and send it to 'Brian Eno, c/o U2 studios...'

:eek:

Can't really say that I was starstruck about it as I didn't actually meet him but it was a sort of 'I touched the hem of his garment' moment.

:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back