Music Durability (1 Viewer)

Wavioli said:
no wonder you have so many posts hag, posting 2 posts in a row, and then posting posts about the posts you just posted. Aaaaaahhh.
why must people criticise my posting techniques? it's not like i'm causing harm to anyone... and what do you care how many posts i have, frank? ;)

hag said:
why must people criticise my posting techniques? it's not like i'm causing harm to anyone... and what do you care how many posts i have, frank? ;)
I dont at all. i just like the sound of my own typing.

its all clickety clickity clickety clock c-l-ock itty itty click bang

lmd64 said:
mind you i LOVE when they play I Will Survive at the christmas parties, i know all the hand gestures
The only song I know the hand gestures to is "I'm Giving Up Wanking Next Tuersday" by that Aussie guy who also sang "Mick me mate the master farter" and "Santa Claus you cunt"

Ha ha that reminds me of when I used to work in Ericsson, some of the Irish contingent over in Ericsson Sweden attended the festivities for the festival of St. Lucia, which is a kind of big deal over there - there were chicks with candles in their hair all singing beautiful music and such, and then anyway the Swedes invited the Irish, famous as are we all for our singing and poetry, to contribute ... so one of the paddies, stands up, pint in hand, and proceeds to sing "Santa Claus you cunt, where's me fucking bike" start to finish

hag said:
no, but i did know when 'rock me amadeus' hit number one, he bought a huge teddy for his kid and it was so big, he needed to buy it a plane ticket to get it home. imagine that!!! "would you like a beverage sir!" "rarrrrrr... honey?"
hee hee! funniest post ever. :D

nlgbbbblth said:
to which you have contributed something like 17 posts out of 74

:D
ah jesus, don't mind me, i'm full of shit. 'something people like egg_ continually forget ;)

Latex lizzie said:
Live for the now is what I say. If the music is good no matter what it will stand the test of time. loads of stuff from the eighties still rocks my boat even though it was a decade of badness played on horrible snyths.
I'm only gettin around to lookin at this properly now...

Hmmm....but some stuff will just seem good at the time, and other stuff will last longer...and at the time, how can you tell whether it's long-term good or just good at the time?

Jimmy Magee said:
I'm only gettin around to lookin at this properly now...

Hmmm....but some stuff will just seem good at the time, and other stuff will last longer...and at the time, how can you tell whether it's long-term good or just good at the time?
only time will tell.

egg_ said:
I kinda do - Richie you agonise about abstract shit too much
But anyway - sounds are very important, it's not really songs that age so much as sounds I think. The more "current" a sound is, the quicker it's going to age ... also what makes something durable is the same thing that makes it good, you can dress up a poor song is beautiful sonic clothes and it will wow people for a while but if they listen long enough they'll realise the clothes are empty
I guess production techniques are easier to copy than songs...or at least less libellous...and so in a given era everything sounds the same, but the songs aren't all the same, and so the sounds date more...or at least are more easily identifiable. But if they're overused they certainly get worn out...some stuff though isn't so easily copiable(sic?) and so while it still sounds of its time, it doesn't sound dated...that'd be my reading of it anyways...generally, I think stuff that's easily reproducible will always end up being worn out...whereas stuff that's not so easy to copy will last (I know stuff will influence people, but that's not the same as reproducing it)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back