Music Durability (2 Viewers)

hag said:
what's your point?
I'm pointing out that you're being nasty to Anthony for doing something you've just done yourself ... but maybe it's some private joke between ye that I wouldn't understand, and hey it's not really my place to try and correct your behaviour, so I didn't make it explicit

Clearer now?

egg_ said:
I'm pointing out that you're being nasty to Anthony for doing something you've just done yourself ... but maybe it's some private joke between ye that I wouldn't understand, and hey it's not really my place to try and correct your behaviour, so I didn't make it explicit

Clearer now?
no, will you explain it more for me?

kirstie said:
I know nothing about production techniques or nuttin but it seems to me the old stuff I still listen has good production values. I can't listen to a lot of husker du's output anymore becuause it just sounds so SHIT. And it's such a shame, because they are one of my favourite bands 4evah.
there's a lot of heart in their music... still sounds fine to me, kinda like some mission of burma stuff.

Simple novelty music doesn't stand the test of time for me. The more complex sounding they are the more longevity they have (assuming they're good in the first place). And I don't neccesarily mean complex on a macro level like drum rhythms and riffs, I mean the actual complexity of the sounds i.e a lots of stuff going on keeping you interested. Live and natural sounds are a lot more interesting than........live recordings capture........I think music that has substance and sophistication...ahh fuck this

FancyGoods said:
Simple novelty music doesn't stand the test of time for me. The more complex sounding they are the more longevity they have (assuming they're good in the first place). And I don't neccesarily mean complex on a macro level like drum rhythms and riffs, I mean the actual complexity of the sounds i.e a lots of stuff going on keeping you interested. Live and natural sounds are a lot more interesting than........live recordings capture........I think music that has substance and sophistication...ahh fuck this

Em
How about songs like:
"Rock the Boat"
"Put 'em under Pressure"
"Crocodile Shoes"
"Theme tune to Karate Kid"
"I've got a brand new combine harvester"

All of these, AND MORE, are novelty songs that truely stand the test of time.

Wagner's Ring cycle is basically a novelty song about rimming.

rock the boat wouldn't have stood the test of time if I had anything to say about it...

Gong Farmer said:
Em
How about songs like:
"Rock the Boat"
"Put 'em under Pressure"
"Crocodile Shoes"
"Theme tune to Karate Kid"
"I've got a brand new combine harvester"

All of these, AND MORE, are novelty songs that truely stand the test of time.

Wagner's Ring cycle is basically a novelty song about rimming.

FancyGoods said:
rock the boat wouldn't have stood the test of time if I had anything to say about it...
I really, really hate that song. Nearly as much as I hate anything by Godley and Cream. But not quite.

hee hee, good point billy. this is a crazy thread. like, it all depends on the audience, right? like if you hit your hand on the table and make it go...

dah
dah
dah-dah-dah
dah-dah-dah-dah
dah-dah

that's somethin that will last for ever. why? because it's 1,1,3,4,2. and that's part of the sequence of our DNA. fact. when we hear that rhythm, it speaks to our very make-up, you can't deny anything that's in the form 1,1,3,4,2. so, now, with your left hand, put it up to the screen and make the actual shape that that there above makes but only use your thumb and indeax finger. look at your hand and that's what you are.

what like Break away or I wanna stay with you for the rest of my life, or Slip Away

bleah

YMCA, I Will Survive - two more that never go away
always remind me of company christmas parties

snakybus said:
what like Break away or I wanna stay with you for the rest of my life, or Slip Away
Probably

I frequently fall sucker to the Gas Lads Indie Record of the year and buy it, listen to it twice, think its highlarious, then begin to loathe and detest it.

Down the back o the couch it goes.

hag said:
so, now, with your left hand, put it up to the screen and make the actual shape that that there above makes but only use your thumb and indeax finger. look at your hand and that's what you are.

The diagonal distance between the tip of your index finger and the tip of your thumb is the same length as your willy.

Anyway, music is durable to the listener. If a song has good memories for you, then you'll like it. Being all scientific about it is a bit pointless. Channel that scientific thinking into coming up with ways to bring about world peace and stop bombs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back