Moving back to Ireland (1 Viewer)

Is it a good idea to move back to Ireland?

• Irish has no words for "yes" and "no"

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Orange

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Yes

• Nine

• Piss

• Royston Brady

• Total voters
dublinstreets.blogspot hasn't come back, that's about it.

'sup?

Picture+2263.jpg

@billygannon
You'll hardly recognise the Harold next time you see it, pal. Proper Gaa and *spit* rugby teams these days. And 5 proper classrooms.
But they still find time for the more traditional pursuits thankfully. (Can't even afford a tyre.....)

P1050021.jpg

Don't know what to tell you. I don't think Ireland is necessarily any worse than the UK, and some of it's probably a better place to live than some places in the UK.

Our government definitely sucks more, at least in the UK there is a working opposition to keep them honest while here they're really all the same and will do the same thing so it doesn't seem to matter who you vote for.

There are places I'd less like to live than Ireland. Obviously, if I won the Lottery tomorrow we'd be out of here!

Don't know what to tell you. I don't think Ireland is necessarily any worse than the UK, and some of it's probably a better place to live than some places in the UK.

Our government definitely sucks more, at least in the UK there is a working opposition to keep them honest while here they're really all the same and will do the same thing so it doesn't seem to matter who you vote for.

There are places I'd less like to live than Ireland. Obviously, if I won the Lottery tomorrow we'd be out of here!

Out of interest, where would you go? I think 7's point that Ireland is a great place to live if you're loaded is a good one.

Out of interest, where would you go? I think 7's point that Ireland is a great place to live if you're loaded is a good one.

There are much better places to live if your loaded. House/land prices and cost of living are pretty steep here, as are pay related taxes (road, household, water, bin), insurance, and services (electricity, gas etc).

France (rural) and probably near West Coast keeps coming up on our list. There are things we like about Sweden, Switzerland and others, but France has a good mix of the things we'd be looking for.

Being a parent has changed my view of Ireland a lot, I don't want my son growing up here, or stuck living here. It's not the country I grew up in anymore.

It's mostly about the money for me. It looks like there are a lot of jobs in the area I work in - and they're paying very well.

Yeah but I haven't LIVED there. In fairness i'd probably still go if my German was good and I had the chance but that article is a super depressing read.

People moan a lot about hipsters etc, but they usually come with great coffee places and cinemas and put on good art festivals.
You'll still be bale to find that 50-year-old bakery, but in general, nothing is ever static. IMHO

I'll read the article when I get a chance.

Billy, salaries are better here than UK. I'm not sure how taxation compares at the minute, but cost of living is definitely lower in the UK (except in London) which offsets the salary difference somewhat. Rent and house prices in Dublin are increasing, lots of nasty little charges (my post above should have read "non pay-related taxes") and silly things like paying PRSI and the USC which was supposed to replace PRSI. I fully expect our government to introduce breathing meters sometime in the next decade and charge us for air.

Of course, Ireland does have all of us (at least until we bugger off to France and Berlin) to recommend it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back