Moving back to Ireland (1 Viewer)

Is it a good idea to move back to Ireland?

• Irish has no words for "yes" and "no"

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Orange

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Yes

• Nine

• Piss

• Royston Brady

• Total voters
It's alright. We had rat for dinner last night - it was done with a curry sauce I managed to extract from some bins outside a local Indian. Catching the rat was surprisingly easy - although I'd prefer to do it with pants on. I've no idea what we'll eat tonight. Maybe rat again? Maybe some seaweed? There's always seaweed.

Are you looking to have an abortion? The flood gates are a bit jammed in that department right now. I think someone might have built a dam on top of it or something.

I've been reading Morrissey's autobiography and apparently 'irish' is an all encompassing adjective so all in all i'd say the atmosphere is feeling pretty Irish right now.

Jane left though. Ask her what she thinks of Ireland actually.

I'm thinking about it. Any opinions? I'm living in the UK at the moment.

All the reasons you left are probably still here. And could even be worse.

It is depressing, corrupt, expensive shithole with godawful weather that is intermittently very violent.

The arts can be quite good, if you have the money. In fact it's a bloody great place to live if you have loads of money, otherwise it can be a real slog.

Most people drink to deal with this.

Oh I thought you were just trying to rile me up for not using a small J.

Feel free to ask her, i'm only going by twitter here. It seems to be permanent.

Anyway to get most of the jobs in Ireland you have to be willing to work in a call center or similar, do something hyper-specialized that there just happens to be a job for or be multi-lingual. If you have a few languages you'd probably be better off working in Brussels or some other mainland european city imho

Why did you leave? As 7 says, things haven't changed much here.

dublinstreets.blogspot hasn't come back, that's about it.

All the reasons you left are probably still here. And could even be worse.

It is depressing, corrupt, expensive shithole with godawful weather that is intermittently very violent.

The arts can be quite good, if you have the money. In fact it's a bloody great place to live if you have loads of money, otherwise it can be a real slog.

Most people drink to deal with this.

When are you next home 7 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back