Most overrated band ever (1 Viewer)

zub said:
The Bonnie Prince Billy stuff is overrated. The Palace stuff is definitely not.

bullshit.'i see a darkness' is the best thing he's done.i can't believe some of the things i'm hearing here.
why not mozart while we're trouncing people?

hey hey hey...ringo was a great drummer.

the chemical brothers ripped off the beats on tomorrow never knows big time..he was way ahead of his time.

to quote the internet...there were less than a dozen occasions in the Beatles' eight-year recording career where session 'breakdowns' were caused by Starr making a mistake, while the vast majority of takes were stopped due to mistakes by the other three members.

he was a consistent, if not flamboyent, drummer. he was/is the denis irwin of the drumming world

Donkey OJ said:
i can see how from a drummers perspective you may be underwhelmed. but other than that you're all wrong.
I don't like the Beatles. I generally tend to enjoy cover versions of their songs immensely though. Maybe this is because they are good song writers or because I like having a different slant on something which I've been over-exposed to. Probably a combination of the two... Marvin Gaye's version of Yesterday is beautiful. Al Green's version of I Want To Hold Your Hand is magical. Ike and Tina doing Come Together is hotshit.

P. Littbarski said:
hey hey hey...ringo was a great drummer.

the chemical brothers ripped off the beats on tomorrow never knows big time..he was way ahead of his time.

to quote the internet...there were less than a dozen occasions in the Beatles' eight-year recording career where session 'breakdowns' were caused by Starr making a mistake, while the vast majority of takes were stopped due to mistakes by the other three members.

he was a consistent, if not flamboyent, drummer. he was/is the denis irwin of the drumming world
I think (think!) that McCartney played the drums on that...if he didn't, he certainly devised the rhythm. Ditto Ticket to Ride. However the drummin on Strawberry Fields Forever & Rain is certainly marvellous

hermie said:
bullshit.'i see a darkness' is the best thing he's done.i can't believe some of the things i'm hearing here.
why not mozart while we're trouncing people?
Actually I *do* think Mozart's "Big Three" status is a stretch...he's not *that* good

Zita said:
I don't like the Beatles. I generally tend to enjoy cover versions of their songs immensely though. Maybe this is because they are good song writers or because I like having a different slant on something which I've been over-exposed to. Probably a combination of the two... Marvin Gaye's version of Yesterday is beautiful. Al Green's version of I Want To Hold Your Hand is magical. Ike and Tina doing Come Together is hotshit.
two words. white. album. such crazy genius-whizzzardry delivered in an innocent white cover. i hear ya on the overexposure thing tho. but all it takes for me is a set of headphones to plug me back in to the magic. actually 3 words. white. alum. headphones.

Jimmy Magee said:
I think (think!) that McCartney played the drums on that...if he didn't, he certainly devised the rhythm. Ditto Ticket to Ride. However the drummin on Strawberry Fields Forever & Rain is certainly marvellous

macca drummed on back in the USSR but i'm almost certain he did the honours on tomorrow never knows...

Donkey OJ said:
two words. white. album. such crazy genius-whizzzardry delivered in an innocent white cover. i hear ya on the overexposure thing tho. but all it takes for me is a set of headphones to plug me back in to the magic. actually 3 words. white. alum. headphones.

Oh I do like the White Album actually. One of my first ever vinyl acquisitions and I still really dig it.

My twopenneth:

U2
Radiohead
Coldplay
Damien Rice (and Paddy Casey and all that ilk)
Stone Roses
The Doors
Chilli Peppers

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back