Most overrated band ever (2 Viewers)

look at this man and tell me i'm wrong

BoDiddley.jpg

cassette/tape said:
stop reading stupid music magazines and listen to the records people.

bloc party is pretty good. franz ferdinand is ok, not enough tunes. GBV have some amazing songs, but there's SO much shit to wade through.
Husker Du: don't know them well enough. will have to give them a listen.

simply : oasis, keane, stone roses, etc. anything 'baggy'.. fuck me that shit is terrible.

C xx

off topic: ever notice how americans say "is"?

they refer to a band as a product or single element. daft punk is playing at my house etc

we would say franz ferdinand are shite. which to my mind is more descriptive of a collection of people making music together. anyway.

on topic: i think the futureheads are better than all the other bands someone just grouped them in with, in fairness. the drummer does some interesting things, not just a "disco beat in every song".

if the spanish inquisition was still going what would be the punishment for indie blasphemy?

you are accused of thinking slint are crap. i hereby sentence you to go into road and buy a chart album.

and that chart album would have to be something like the killers. No 'ironic' girls aloud purchses allowed.
ramps said:
if the spanish inquisition was still going what would be the punishment for indie blasphemy?

you are accused of thinking slint are crap. i hereby sentence you to go into road and buy a chart album.

chutneyfarmer said:

Ha ha!

Well, maybe I haven't been introduced to them properly, but I always felt they were being rewarded for their intentions rather than their achievements. Am willing to be proved wrong though. I did think Souljacker was possibly the best name for an album ever. And I quite admired yer man's beard. So I'm not starting from absolute zero here.

id be so embarrased id have to leave the country.

kirstie said:
and that chart album would have to be something like the killers. No 'ironic' girls aloud purchses allowed.

nlgbbbblth said:
who better

The Killers or The Kills?

The Kills are better by far!!! At least they have a handful of decent songs. And yer wan's a fox too. Instant brownie points from the Chutster for that!

One of us said:
Ha ha!

Well, maybe I haven't been introduced to them properly, but I always felt they were being rewarded for their intentions rather than their achievements. Am willing to be proved wrong though. I did think Souljacker was possibly the best name for an album ever. And I quite admired yer man's beard. So I'm not starting from absolute zero here.

Like every other band on the face of the planet, they're not for everybody. Check out Beautiful Freak. Just some amazing pop songs, and some achingly sad songs too (especially on later albums).

where's alan from my remorse these days? he should have been bitching about the stooges on this thread by now.
did he get a life or something?
i wish i had a life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back