Most overrated band ever (1 Viewer)

Zita said:
I don't think Love are rated highly so highly that they could be considered over rated. And.... Alone Again Or....... TUNE.

Or did you mean like, the feeling love?

they are rated highly in a lot of best album polls and so on. I just think that there are far better bands from that era that never get a mention

as for the feeling love i dont really like that either. Its makes me scared and worried all the time.

kevin gallen said:
as for the feeling love i dont really like that either. Its makes me scared and worried all the time.
31013028_TH.JPG

oh, now slint and husker du are sacred cows.... you be stirring boy, stirring....

as for radiohead, i'm an amnesiac fan meself... ok computer is good but overated, the best album ever? wot? if you saw the recent channel 4 programme.... the boys do a wicked :D live show

i'll add to overated:
anything that sounds like or is coldplay over the last five years
anything that sounds like the strokes in the last five years
will concur with the smiths (except 'how soon is now' which is ninja like in its brilliance!ninjaaaa)
alt country that isn't will oldham (yes that includes lambchop for me)

just one man with an inflated ego's opinion!!!:eek:

naa, im serious alright. slint are *yawn* & ive never really seen how husker du are so highly rated, celebrated summer is the only track of theirs that i even half-liked. their cover of eight miles high has to be one of the most annoying cover versions ever.

Coldplay + Keane + whoever: People have finally learned to rip later period U2 off properly and mix it with REM stadium gear.

Radiohead: 'Hail to the thief' is amazing. Each release since 'The Bends' has upped the ante. Great, great band.

Love / The Beach Boys: When my brain is hungry for seriously good music writing in a pop format with a dash of madness, this is where I go.

Beatles: smug twee smothering overkill. (some great tracks tho)

Big Star: don't fuck with Big Star

All the newer wave stuff is super-lame. Especially Franz Ferdinand
Blonde Rdhead are to DNA as Starsailor are to Tim Buckley. Midgets of the soul. Damn their eyes.

most of this shit is blasphemy.but i might as well get in with the spirit of things. The band who get my vote for most overrated band ever are Guided by Voices. What's the big fucking deal?

hermie said:
most of this shit is blasphemy.but i might as well get in with the spirit of things. The band who get my vote for most overrated band ever are Guided by Voices. What's the big fucking deal?

That's the nuttiest thing anyone has said so far on this thread. In fact, last night, I think I decided that GBV might possibly become my favourite band ever.

stop reading stupid music magazines and listen to the records people.

bloc party is pretty good. franz ferdinand is ok, not enough tunes. GBV have some amazing songs, but there's SO much shit to wade through.
Husker Du: don't know them well enough. will have to give them a listen.

simply : oasis, keane, stone roses, etc. anything 'baggy'.. fuck me that shit is terrible.

C xx

cassette/tape said:
GBV have some amazing songs, but there's SO much shit to wade through.
Very true. When GBV are good they are amazing, but some stuff isn't the best.

This thread is really funny, people getting all shirty because some people don't like bands they like. If you love a band does it really matter what other people think?

hugh said:
That's the nuttiest thing anyone has said so far on this thread. In fact, last night, I think I decided that GBV might possibly become my favourite band ever.

oh come on!everything from mozart to my bloody valentine has been trounced on this thread.i can't have a little pet hate?gbv are about the only band all my friends like that i just don't get.oh and lou reed.load of bollocks

hermie said:
oh come on!everything from mozart to my bloody valentine has been trounced on this thread.i can't have a little pet hate?gbv are about the only band all my friends like that i just don't get.oh and lou reed.load of bollocks

Hey yeah its no problem. You're allowed like or not like whatever. Your friends have good taste obviously though ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back