Most negative gig experience ever? (1 Viewer)

1993/4? Mighty Mighty Bosstones. The floor of the venue broke/sank so the gig ended during the second song.

1994 Hole. Courtney Love singled out a girl in the crowd who 'fingered' her while crowd surfing. Crowd turns on poor girl (who probably didn't do anything) and riot starts. I punched a dude who was using the chaos to grope and pushed down my college roommate. Lost my favorite ring and got a black and blue hand because of it. Ran into an old ex from my hometown all coked up outside the venue who needed a place to stay. Let him crash in my college dorm room but on the way from the parking lot he took out a switch blade and scratched up lots of cars. He died a few years later of an overdose, no surprise there.

2007 Lemonheads. I had just come back from LA sunburnt like never before. I had to go to A&E after I stepped off the plane because I was so swollen. I was nearly purple and it was disgusting. My clothes hurt even being on my body but I still went to this gig and some Spanish students were loudly talking and were too close to me. I lost it and started yelling at them and gave a few pushes. I was with a thumpeder who I think was afraid I was starting something he'd need to finish. I should not have been in public but I wanted to see Evan Dando because I'm a saddo.

Just remembered the silverfish gig in London i was at where someone set fire to one of the PA stacks. Could have been ropey, but some lad just wandered over, poured his pint on it; gig continues.

I was at a Silverfish gig in Cork where a guy got on stage, shouted "Up the RA" and climbed onto the top of the right hand speaker. And stage-dived into the crowd.
The same dude owns My Bloody Valentine's Feed Me With Your Kiss on 12" and is now a dentist.

No it isn't. And what the hell were you doing uninebriated at Witnegen?

Here when and why were you stitched up without anaesthetic anyway ?

Oh and I was off the booze at the time because I started to get seriously bad prolonged migranes due to ...ahem...other substances which I was imbibing heartily at the time. That dry spell lasted 4 years actually then I started to get migranes again without doing any drinking or drugs and figured fuck it might as well get back on the proverbial high horse. I love that horse.

Not horse, the high horse... does anyone even refer to heroin as horse anymore ?

P.S I am not a heroin user. Horse analogy went awry there didn't it ?

Ah sure there's horse in everything now anyway so were all addicted to horse at this stage.

I should stop now.

1994 Hole. Courtney Love singled out a girl in the crowd who 'fingered' her while crowd surfing. Crowd turns on poor girl (who probably didn't do anything) and riot starts. I punched a dude who was using the chaos to grope and pushed down my college roommate. Lost my favorite ring and got a black and blue hand because of it. Ran into an old ex from my hometown all coked up outside the venue who needed a place to stay. Let him crash in my college dorm room but on the way from the parking lot he took out a switch blade and scratched up lots of cars. He died a few years later of an overdose, no surprise there.

Courtney Love in not being sound shocker !

I want to hang with Jill Hives; 19 years ago, sounds exciting

When Sonic Youth played the Art College in Belfast someone,or something hit me on the head and I fell to the ground with blood gushing out. Had to go to the hospital in an ambulance and ended up with three staples in my head. Luckily it was near enough the end of the gig so I didn't miss too much.

I was at a Silverfish gig in Cork where a guy got on stage, shouted "Up the RA" and climbed onto the top of the right hand speaker. And stage-dived into the crowd.
The same dude owns My Bloody Valentine's Feed Me With Your Kiss on 12" and is now a dentist.

Why do you mention this, out of curiosity?

I can't think of any particularly egregious instance but the old Point Depot was a fucking pit of a venue and often the sound was either muddy or ear-shredding. And the toilets were like Hades. Also how many people died at gigs there? Three or more?

2001 or 2 Brian Jonestown Massacre. Anton stumbling drunk, so much so that his band members gave up on him and left the stage. He then proceeded to rant at the audience telling us all to ask for our money back. Good times.

As a first post this sucks though i have to say i was at the 96 Smashing Pumpkins gig in the aforementioned Point depot, the crush and the tragedy is always with me sadly. I'll always remember going home and my parents asking me "how did it go?" and just breaking down.

As a first post this sucks though i have to say i was at the 96 Smashing Pumpkins gig in the aforementioned Point depot, the crush and the tragedy is always with me sadly. I'll always remember going home and my parents asking me "how did it go?" and just breaking down.

I had a ticket for that but gave it to my brother.

It is when you have to get 18 stitches to close a wound which is at least 1 inch wide, and only 1 inch long. It was like a hole. Also I briefly went blind in that eye from the blood which feels horrible. To be fair the needle wasn't the part that was bothersome, it was the way he held it shut while he did it. He also said "there's not much to stitch here son, If it opens up again you will definitely have a massive scar, but by the looks of you, you probably don't care about that"

Back then I suppose that once you grew a beard people assumed you think you're horrendously ugly and couldn't give a balls about your head. Which in my case is true but still an unfair generalisation. Oh how times have changed.... Eh... Thanks hipsters ?

Also was anyone at the gig at the lower deck were some fucking half wit outside shot at people with an air rifle ? That was fucked.

18 stitches! Shit dude, that's no joke. Sorry for belittling that! Must have been a fair auld kick to the head? Been stitched up several times on the rugby field. Luckily our team doctor is a dab hand with the needle and it rarely gets too gory.

Vague recollections of that gig. What was it again?

I was at this as well. First proper gig in fact

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back