• Replies 50
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 2

egg_

nerd/hippy
Supporter
Since 1999
Where dogs wear hats and birds fly backwards
Tell us about it, Bing. From what I can make out, the idea is that shortly after the Garden of Eden (or was it Noah?) the Americas were settled, and there was a big civilisation that ultimately destoyed itself before the Europeans arrived. Also, after Jesus ascended into heaven, he made a slight detour to visit his buddies in the States first. This was all revealed to some dude who dug up some golden tablets where it was all written down.

Is that right? I know drinking/smoking/drugs are out and you've to spend 2 years evangelising. And you can marry loads of chicks. Anything else we should know?

I always feel sorry for the mormon evangelists, their generally just nice midwestern dudes who've been sent halfway around the world with no idea where they are going to knock on peoples doors for 2 years... if you get talking to them they're ussually cool. And they give you a free book of mormon (leave that out next yr folks come to visit!)

Yeah I got alotta genealogical info from the Mormons. They cannot have multiple wives though anymore. That tenet was dropped in the 19th century. The fundamentalist LDS and other offshoots still practice polygamy but it is illegal in the United States.

Highway to Heaven was one of my favourite shows when i was a kid.

dvd_highwaytoheaven.jpg

Yes Jesus made an appearance in S. America.
The Angel Moroni visited the 14 year old Joseph Smith, gave him the Golden Tablets, which he used the unum and thumum, to translate into the book of morman.
No drink, drugs, smokes, caffeine(hot drinks really), no premarital sex, no lots of things.
When yer 18-19 you head off on a mission for up to two years.
Baptism for the Dead: its not just your own family, it is for everyone that hasn't already been baptised morman. Me personally, have been baptised about 200 times on behalf of dead folk.
All the Osmonds were Morman. As are many other 'celebs'.
Battlestar Gallactica is actually the story of Morman persecution in eastern america and there search for the promised land(utah).
Multiple wives, not anymore, but the reorganised church of jesus christ of latterday saints still practice polygamy. The biggest differenece between LDS and RLDS is that RDLS beleieve that the president of the church is a direct descendant of Joseph Smith.
If you become inactive, they stalk you to get you back.
I'm no longer practicing. Was until I was 18. Seminary every morning preparing for my mission, but got into LSD, and never looked back, really. That was 20 years ago.

The Angel Moroni visited the 14 year old Joseph Smith, gave him the Golden Tablets, which he used the unum and thumum, to translate into the book of morman.

can you actually view the golden tablets or are they like the ten commandments...never to be found?

Also when I moved to Dublin in '89, my mind was so melted from cacaine and crystal meth, I sang in the morman choir at Liberty Hall in a red dickie and cumberbun. That was really my last contact. My sister has a restraining order against them too.
Decent enough people, just to pushy.

You must be quite handsome.

No drink, drugs, smokes, caffeine(hot drinks really), no premarital sex, no lots of things.
When yer 18-19 you head off on a mission for up to two years.
Baptism for the Dead: its not just your own family, it is for everyone that hasn't already been baptised morman. Me personally, have been baptised about 200 times on behalf of dead folk.
All the Osmonds were Morman. As are many other 'celebs'.
Battlestar Gallactica is actually the story of Morman persecution in eastern america and there search for the promised land(utah).
Multiple wives, not anymore, but the reorganised church of jesus christ of latterday saints still practice polygamy. The biggest differenece between LDS and RLDS is that RDLS beleieve that the president of the church is a direct descendant of Joseph Smith.
If you become inactive, they stalk you to get you back.
I'm no longer practicing. Was until I was 18. Seminary every morning preparing for my mission, but got into LSD, and never looked back, really. That was 20 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back