Hannibal season 3 - spoilers ahoy so stay out or else (1 Viewer)

dudley

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Contributor
Since 1999
Website
www.thedudleycorporation.com
After the first two episodes I'm not too sure that yesterdays news it's been cancelled is a bad thing.

It's never a show that's been afraid to push it's artiness and self satisfaction, but always kept it in check with the tense horror throughout.

That 1st episode though, with it's endless droplets of blood splashing and pull frames to dead rabbits etc, and changing to black and white and going 70mm wide screen for some of the flashbacks was just too much. I know Bryan Fuller tells his directors not to be afraid to be pretentious but this was crazy.
And for Bedelia to go from being terrified but still in control to this whimpering poppet didn't sit well either.

Episode 2 settled down a lot and had some amazing imagery, especially the return of the stag, but here the plot was just nuts.

What on earth drew Will to Italy and how did Hannibal know when to find him in the catacombs? '
The Abigail double reveal was pretty cool though.

The plots in the previous seasons were always nuts, and I can't say they were believable, but this just seemed stupid. Unless I snoozed during a vital bit of exposition, and this show makes me fall asleep a lot. Not cos it's boring, but it's relaxing!! Don't ask me....

I think it’s such a shame it has been cancelled. One of the best shows on TV at the moment. Actually, surprised it ever got on NBC in the first place considering its content. I’m hoping some other network picks it up. Mikkelson’s portrayal of Lector is my favourite to date.

The one report I read basically said it was cancelled due to an issue surrounding the use of Clarice Starling in season four (as was planned). They couldn't get the rights so it was canned. Hopefully it can be resolved like the dispute over Twin Peaks but I reckon it's dead in the water. Pity because it was great (and I enjoyed the first two episodes of season three, it is a show that is as much about psychoanalysis as it is about gore and policework).

The one report I read basically said it was cancelled due to an issue surrounding the use of Clarice Starling in season four (as was planned). They couldn't get the rights so it was canned. Hopefully it can be resolved like the dispute over Twin Peaks but I reckon it's dead in the water. Pity because it was great (and I enjoyed the first two episodes of season three, it is a show that is as much about psychoanalysis as it is about gore and policework).
I thought low ratings was a factor as well...

Alanna's medical-inspired bikini during visiting hours was very strange. You think hospital staff would throw a blanket over her before letting Chilton in to see her. Or at least give her an actual top to wear instead of some bandages.

Nothing makes me wince as much as watching that show, holy shit it was mad this week.

By the looks of it this final run of episodes ...

will cover the Red Dragon/Manhunter stuff. With the Tooth Fairy played by someone who was in the vicar of dibley

Theory for the remainder of the season which diverges from the books.

In the book and 2 movies The Tooth Fairy kills Feddy Lounds by burning him, later on Hannibal sends him off to murder Will's family. I think they might roll those two activities up and have that be the way Hannibal keeps his promise to Alanna.

I had a feeling that's how it would play out when Will started saying that he wasn't going to hunt Hannibal down and wanted to keep far away from him. Hannibal is only interested in seeing how Will reacts to things, how far he can push him so it made sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back