Mormonism (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter egg_
  • Start date
  • Replies 50
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 2
Yes, if you actually make it to the Celestial Kingdom. They believe theres 3 levels of heaven. If you make it to the top, you become a god yourself with a planet of yer own. I was always an under achiever and really would of been quite happy with the terrestrial kingdom.

Right...what about the guys who are currently trying to make their own universe? Would Mormons see them as being super-Gods?

I've created loads of universes in Business Objects.

has anyone ever red "the frozen planet of azuron" by fred and geoffrey hoyle? i dug it out last time i was home, must read it soon. anyway theres a carpet bag in it with a universse inside. theres deadly illustrations.

n42288.jpg

Bing... have you rejected the Mormon faith completely at this point?

How did this happen, you were saying that you were fairly cracked out on drugs and things, but, did it happen suddenly, a sort of revelation deal, or slowly?

Did it fuck with your thinking for a long time, I mean, was it suddenly everything you knew was torn down, and you had to start re-evaluating your whole life, or was it more of a mehh, fuck it, anyone going for a pint?

Why did your sister get a restraining order from them? Was she threatened by them for leaving the church? Did you ever feel threatened?

Did you always have it in the back of your mind that this religion thing has a bit of sniff of bollocks about it, or did you totally believe at one point?

Sorry about all the questions... feel free to tell me to fuck off.
Yes, rejected LDS and Jesus completely. LSD and an interest in de-evolution/sub-genius made it happen, with a priority towards marching band rather than seminary at 06:30, made it fall into place.

Naw, didn't fuck with my thinking long term, although, ya start to remember things as time goes by, like the 'bapitsm for the dead', the strange blessings/confirmations, and magic underwear.

Sister got a restraining order cause she decided that she was leaving, but they couldn't deal with it. Mormans have what they call, 'home teachers' to keep tabs on the people that they don't se at sacrament meeting ever sunday. She kept telling them that she wasn't interested, they kept coming around. Finally, she had to ring the cops. They excommunicated her. She was delighted.

Nope. didn't always have it in the back of my head that it was a load of shite. I was a great young man in the Aaronic Priesthood. Had the power to baptize, was an example to my friends, and blessed the sacrament every Sunday.
Now I'm going to hell. Which isn't really that bad, as we we taught that hell was like earth, and we'd never be able to imagine what the celestial kingdom was like. Its ok here, and like I said before, never really aspired to the celestial kingdom anyway.!

I'm a hedonist anyway, so whatever reason, it would of never worked.

Right...what about the guys who are currently trying to make their own universe? Would Mormons see them as being super-Gods?

As the definitive voice for the morman church, I would have to say, yes. But only if they pass the word and testsify that the book of morman is the one true book.
And yes, I am quite handsome. Sister Nolder told me so.

there's a really, really good zine: i was a teenage mormon. memoir-ish, good writing, biased towards the obvious conclusion but not an anti-mormon rant.
this looks like a good read. I wish I could have photographed the room and baptismal font where the baptisms take place. and the line af 14 year old boys all in white polyester jumpsuits waiting. surreal in retrospect. then we'd go for pizza on Cuhuenga Blvd in the Hollywood Hills. Stop.

Sometimes it seems there's lots of people here into Moronism.

Strangely enough, my sister's father in law, who is a Christian minister, refers to the Mormons as the Morons - Angel Moroni = Morons not Mormons in his thinking. :rolleyes:

this looks like a good read. I wish I could have photographed the room and baptismal font where the baptisms take place. and the line af 14 year old boys all in white polyester jumpsuits waiting. surreal in retrospect. then we'd go for pizza on Cuhuenga Blvd in the Hollywood Hills. Stop.

heh, that does sound pretty surreal. i found the zine really interesting and full of scenes like you've described there, although i didn't have more than a minimal understanding beforehand (and my gut reaction is negative to anything involving missions, the athiest equivalent included).

it's in stock in plenty of other distros, anyway, including learning to leave a paper trail which includes a great review. it's a well-known and very frequently recommended zine, which is remarkable in a subculture that generally steers well clear of religion. </zine love>

Battlestar Gallactica is actually the story of Morman persecution in eastern america and there search for the promised land(utah).

The original Battlestar had a basis in that old chestnut of a story but wasn't a "faith" thing, by any stretch. Twas just a story rip-off.

Mormonism is based on freemasonry. Not necessarily a bad thing, compared to Catholicism/Protestantism.

Doesnt make it right.

I know lot of Mormonians. They're more sound than RC (as they call them).

Why the slagging off of The LDS'ers? Can we not slag off the jews or the protestants instead?

Actually, the seventh day adventists haven't been targeted in ages. Let's get those fuckers.

One day, I dream we will have a tolerant society.

And before it all kicks off.

What did I say wrong now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back