Monolake (1 Viewer)

Revisitng this thread:

After having a good oul listen over the past weeks, of the suggestions on this thread I can say

*) Robert hood stuff is mostly great, particularly hoodmusic 1
*) I don't care for basic channel. It's boring.
*) Vladislav delay doesn't do it for me really. or at least i havent been in the right mood to listen to it.
*) big fan of monolake - momentum
*) deepchord echospace coldest season -pretty nice background music
*) sleeparchive, agaric are deadly, but then again i suggested them

I like my min tech heavy and evil.

R
*) I don't care for basic channel. It's boring.

Basic Channel + Darkness + Strobe + Huge PA + *insert narcotic of choice* = most perfect electronic music ever.

If I had missed BC in a club environment I'd probably be of the same opinion. Don't know whether I'd have 'got it' otherwise.
What's weird about their music is that it sounds pretty crap on your average stereo. On a proper system or in a club it sounds immense.

Basic Channel + Darkness + Strobe + Huge PA + *insert narcotic of choice* = most perfect electronic music ever.

If I had missed BC in a club environment I'd probably be of the same opinion. Don't know whether I'd have 'got it' otherwise.
What's weird about their music is that it sounds pretty crap on your average stereo. On a proper system or in a club it sounds immense.

Yeah that could be it, i've certainly changed my mind about music after hearing it in the right set of circumstances before.

Of the basic channel I have here, the one I like best is "Phylyps Trak" from BCD-2

Yeah that could be it, i've certainly changed my mind about music after hearing it in the right set of circumstances before.

Of the basic channel I have here, the one I like best is "Phylyps Trak" from BCD-2

Funnily enough, that's one of the few that sounds good anywhere.

Hmmm, never heard Basic Channel out. A few years back, after reading a good bit about them, I bought myself the Paperclip People remixes and was hugely disappointed. Found it boring and weird. Over time I got into the Rhythm and Sound stuff and I got Ploy by Maurizio, which I just loved but the PCP remixes record still never did it for me. When I got into a few of the Maurizio records, especially Vainquer, I gave Basic Channel another go, but just on You Tube. The sound on my computer is fucking rubbish but I still got into it, after a few listens. The way their music creeps up on you is really hard to understand. You'd be listening to a very repitive tune and then after a few minutes, with no noticable change in the track, you suddenly love it.

i was never a big fan of the records
but i was at a basic channel night in berghain and it was amazing altogether

i think i only have one or two moritz records
one is the quadrant one on R&S and the other is one of the basic channel ones - i dont listen to them

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back