Monolake (1 Viewer)

Wobbler

Website
www.discogs.com
Well, over the past month or two I've become practically obsessed with Basic Channel and now want to hear everything even remotely associated with them. Since I listen to very little modern music, maybe Monolake would be a good place to start. Can anyone recommend a good introductory release?

Well, over the past month or two I've become practically obsessed with Basic Channel and now want to hear everything even remotely associated with them. Since I listen to very little modern music, maybe Monolake would be a good place to start. Can anyone recommend a good introductory release?

I have polygon cities, which is pretty good.
If you can get your hands on a mix called "Daho & Ginger -we love it minimal" there's lots of great 'leads' in there for decent minimal techno. There's a torrent of it floating around (it's a legal too )

what's a good Basic Channel to get?

I have polygon cities, which is pretty good.
If you can get your hands on a mix called "Daho & Ginger -we love it minimal" there's lots of great 'leads' in there for decent minimal techno. There's a torrent of it floating around (it's a legal too )

what's a good Basic Channel to get?
Cool. Thanks.

As for Basic Channel, all their 12"s are really worthwhile. My favourites so far is Radiance. They have 2 cd's neither of which I've heard. BCD appears to be a collection of their more experimental ambient stuff, where as BCD-2 has more techno material. They're not easy to find though.

Cool. Thanks.

As for Basic Channel, all their 12"s are really worthwhile. My favourites so far is Radiance. They have 2 cd's neither of which I've heard. BCD appears to be a collection of their more experimental ambient stuff, where as BCD-2 has more techno material. They're not easy to find though.

sowend. ill have a sniff around for them so

sleeparchive - 'hadron ep' is good too. but , depending on what you like, you might find it a bit boring. personally, i'm all over it

Esem - 'scateren' has some of the most beautiful electronic/ambient/melodic stuff i've ever heard...I think you might be able to download it for free off his site too

agaric - 'musik63' and
agaric - 'we are v2' are good min tech too.

the chain reaction 12"s are well worth tracking down particularly if youre into the bc stuff. the cinemascope & momentum lps are his best stuff imho

Momentum is one of the best electronic albums of the '00s so far, in my own opinion. Maybe the best. And Cinemascope is good, all right.

The Hongkong compilation has just been rereleased recently, so you can easily get a lot of the early 12"s if you pick that up.

I found Polygon Cities fairly disappointing; a bit slick. Not even remotely their/his best, although "Plumbicon" is a pretty groovy track.

A recent related release (check that alliteration!) that I really like is Robert Henke's Layering Buddha album. He uses only the loops from FM3's Buddha Machine to create a long wobbly ambient piece. I think you'd like it if you're into BC or similar dubby/throbby/grainy stuff.

check out Rod Modell/ Deepchord as well if you're going for Basic Channel stuff. Similar but different, ifunoworimeanlike.

and this guy

www.myspace.com/elseanino

rod modell's incense and blacklight is pretty good. kinda slow though. loving deepchord at the moment. also claro intellecto brought out a new album this year, its really good.

nice compilation thingy here: http://hypnotic-breaks.blogspot.com/2008/04/pronounce-depth-perception-vol-1.html

cant get enough of the dubatech track on it at the moment

yeah Polygon Cities is good. works well on earphones or in the car.

FancyGoods, I think you can get both BCDs from Boomkat if you can stomach buying from them.

Do you know the Rhythm & Sound stuff? I think its Basic Cannell doing dub, awesome imho

Thanks for all the responses lads. I heard some Deepchord over the weekend and was really impressed, thought it might be a little derivitive mind. By the looks of things, I probably should be starting with momentum, if I can find it.

I got into Rhythm and Sound before I got into Basic Channel. Really like it but I don't think it's near as good as the BC stuff, maybe it's just my taste. All the Rhythm and Sound stuff I have is on their Burial Mix label. Would I be correct in saying that the stuff released on the Rhythm and Sound label is more techno orientated. If so, I'd be very curious. See Mi Yah is excellent, I don't have any of the remixes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back