Mono (Japan) (1 Viewer)

i really like that one step more and you die album.
the last one,cant remember the name i thought was pretty boring though.

i love the last album, the second track is breathtaking

would be pretty sweet to see them live

yeah,theyve played england a couple times in the last few years so it would be cool if they came over here next time.

is it the japanese mono or the dutch ones that yer man out of busted is mad into?

ha! One of me mates in Toyko used to teach Tamaki (the bass chick) english. Saw them once when they did the record launch for walking clouds... Amazing live show, just make sure to bring ear-plugs otherwise you'll spend half the time being blown away and the other half in quietness.

my mate sarah from manchester is moving over to be with her boyfriend who lives in Tokyo and he's mad into them. He sent over 2 albums (er...one with a black cover and a bluey redy one) that are pretty cool. Nice and athmospheric...i'm looking forward to lots of japaneese music making it's way over here over then next few months.

Does anybody have any Guitar Wolf ?

ja. I have Missile Me. I reckon one Guitar Wolf lp is enough now to be honest.

P. Littbarski said:
my mate sarah from manchester is moving over to be with her boyfriend who lives in Tokyo and he's mad into them. He sent over 2 albums (er...one with a black cover and a bluey redy one) that are pretty cool. Nice and athmospheric...i'm looking forward to lots of japaneese music making it's way over here over then next few months.

Does anybody have any Guitar Wolf ?

Me mate has a guitar wolf album not sure which one but it's really good. Keep forgetting to get a copy of it off him any time I'm home.

P. Littbarski said:
ah...they're one of *those* bands.

I can't find any mp3 links and am dying to know what this band are like as they have a fabulotastic name.

They do a great cover of summertime blues. Unless I'm getting them confused with someone else....

Stan Bowles said:
They do a great cover of summertime blues. Unless I'm getting them confused with someone else....

Rush covered Summertime Blues...do they sound like Rush ? If they did that would not be a bad thing at all.

I imagine Guitar Wolf to sound like Dick Dale & His Del-Tones from the Pulp Fiction sound track but more rockier or something.

P. Littbarski said:
Rush covered Summertime Blues...do they sound like Rush ? If they did that would not be a bad thing at all.

I imagine Guitar Wolf to sound like Dick Dale & His Del-Tones from Pulp Fiction but more rockier or something.

they sound like craxy japanese elvis impersonators doing scuzzy garagey type stuff in impenetrable accents.

kirstie said:
they sound like craxy japanese elvis impersonators doing scuzzy garagey type stuff in impenetrable accents.

I've been trying to think of a description for them and I reckon this is about spot on.

damien said:
is it the japanese mono or the dutch ones that yer man out of busted is mad into?
the dutch one is the one his stylists tell him to like. the japanese one would boggle his simple mind far too much.

nah he wears their tshirt along with Thursday and Sonic Youth... hes so down with the underground like....

Mono were supporting Dillinger in the UK recently, that would have been savage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back