Misogyny (3 Viewers)

A month later a close male friend of mine presented to me the series of messages. I read from the top and scrolled down, sifting through pages and pages of disrespectful words, and the close up photos and videos of mine and a few other girls’ cleavages, who were conveniently sitting opposite the photographers. Silly us, so ignorantly unaware of who we were sharing our meal with.

Like mindless sheep following suit, a handful of the men captured and uploaded images of my body. Seasoned with comments of sexist slurs, that included proposals of raping me – all the while I cheerfully sat opposite them. I sat at the dining table feeling happy and confident in the friendships I had with these guys I had known for two years. We had shared over 100 breakfasts, lunches and dinners, but most importantly, adventures, laughs and celebrations. I was oblivious to the level of respect they actually had for me, and the degradation that was coming my way.
Sexism in Residential Colleges

Screen-Shot-2015-07-08-at-12.51.17-PM.png

ETA link:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
  • The term "red pill" is frequently used by people in the men's rights movement as a metaphor for the specific moment when they come to the belief that certain gender roles they are expected to conform to (e.g. marriage, monogamy) are intended to benefit women, not themselves.[28][29] "The Red Pill" is also the name of a related manosphere and seduction community subforum onReddit.[30]

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back