Miscellaneous book trivia and stuff (1 Viewer)

The Whitey Bulger case is most interesting when considered in parallel with the career of his brother.

Yup, a bit like Tuco and his brother the priest in The Good, The Bad & the Ugly.

That said, you have to be a bit of a gangster to make it in Mass. politics. Especially back then.

@Bernie Lomax is always raving about the Ben Marcus one, and i'm always saying i'll read it but I never do.

maybe this time...
yeah, it's great. I picked up his most recent one recently, The Flame Alphabet, and I got 30 pages in. I just was not in the mood for language bending, experimental fiction so I read a good easily digestible crime novel instead

yeah, it's great. I picked up his most recent one recently, The Flame Alphabet, and I got 30 pages in. I just was not in the mood for language bending, experimental fiction so I read a good easily digestible crime novel instead
haha. Agatha Christie 4 life

I don't think i mentioned in my review of that book that I struggled about 3 quarters of the way through it before the language all suddenly clicked and i went back and re-read the entire thing over about an hour. It's mad when that happens.

Will anyone be reading Lena Dunham's book? I'm trying not to hate on it based on its description

Experimental Novels Everyone Should Read – Flavorwire

I read two of these. I didn't like C by Tom McCarthy at all but reading this article I'm not sure that I didn't just miss the point. I read the Sebald one too but I don't know that I'd call it experimental and his others were better.

I liked C but I wouldn't be rushing to re-read it. Have the Sebald one but haven't read it yet. There are a few on that list that I've been meaning to read.

1001 libraries to see before they are closed down because the internet has replaced them.

Where do yall download them? piratebay? I buy so so so many books that I don't feel that bad honestly, and I rarely read using my kobo thing anyway, but I guess to stave off the deficit, I should.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back