Miscellaneous Articles You Should Read (3 Viewers)

How Ozempic and Wegovy are impacting Denmark's economy

Accounted for all of Denmark's GDP growth last year

Economists want to start stripping the company out of the stats, because they warp the numbers so much

Kind of like us and tech. Except it's one company, and two drugs they make.

tl;dr Denmark is small, and the world has lots of fat people

A journey into the shaken baby syndrome/abusive head trauma controversy - Fifteen Eighty Four | Cambridge University Press

tl;dr - a particular type of brain hemorrhage is associated with "shaken baby syndrome", but it can also be caused by "minor household falls ... genetic conditions, metabolic disorders, blood clotting abnormalities, or infections". Despite this it is almost always diagnosed as shaken baby syndrome, which means parents get prosecuted, lose their kids, and often go to jail

Actually found it really upsetting, especially the part where he's talking about dads making false confessions about shaking a child so that the baby can get released from state custody and can go and live with the mam

Trash article by former Israeli ambassador to UK Mark Regev.
Only thing he could come up with was Eamon De Valera sympathising with Nazi ambassador after Hitler blew his brains out.
Nothing in there we didn't know and we all detest De Valera already.

I am glad Likud and their allies know Irish folks are broadly pro Palestinian.
One the few 'Irish' things I'm proud of.

I'd have to have thought that Ireland's adoption of neutrality in WWII for many well understood reasons, also gave DeValera et al a free side order of gently sticking it to the Brits.

And who doesn't like a bit of that when it's going?

I'd have to have thought that Ireland's adoption of neutrality in WWII for many well understood reasons, also gave DeValera et al a free side order of gently sticking it to the Brits.

And who doesn't like a bit of that when it's going?
85 years of neutrality is the best thing about the Irish government - even if it is flimsy at times.

there was a great hardcore punk record by a US band called KORO - 700 Club 7" about 1983.
the first time I heard of this condition was when it was first bootlegged.
that is all. feel free to continue...

A lot of that I didn't know, a lot of it I did.
But now you know about the Plimsoll line, so what am I supposed to bore people with now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back