Miscellaneous Articles You Should Read (4 Viewers)

Because my history teacher was a hateful lazy bag of contempt, she gave us bullet point lists of things, which we had to transcribe and hopefully memorise. Instead of, y'know, teaching.

I knew a bunch basic facts about Don Quixote, but not how to pronounce his name, as she never once said it out loud. Don Quicks Oat.

Iirc, it was pertaining to the early renaissance, so Don, Canterbury Tales, using perspective in paintings, I think Gallileo is in there somewhere, stuff like that.

I could not have a more different perspective on walking. no idea where that hombre was coming from.

I do very moderate exercise for the crack (7 miles in 1 hour 50 is decent cardiac exercise but it will only burn off about 300+ calories).

I go out on quite roads too enjoy being outside alone and clear my mind. it is beautiful and green at the moment and hearing the birds sing is really cheerful.
Why was yer man in Spain listening to music on earphones especially when so many people were around?
If other people are younger and fitter than me - good on 'em. I was in worse shape 20 years ago than I was in my 30s or 40s.
thinking about dying, aging and the loss of youth don't really enter my head - aging happens to us all soon enough.

Because my history teacher was a hateful lazy bag of contempt, she gave us bullet point lists of things, which we had to transcribe and hopefully memorise. Instead of, y'know, teaching.
That's still how lots of teachers roll. History in school is bascially about becoming familiar with the foundational myths of one's culture. Very little to do with history as its practised by historians

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back