Miscellaneous Articles You Should Read (3 Viewers)

no idea where that hombre was coming from
I can relate to the article. I do lots of things because they're good for me or my family rather than because I like doing them (e.g. exercise, cleaning the house, working). Some things that I really enjoyed in my youth I hardly ever get to do now, because I'm older and I have responsibilities and just way less space in my life for that shit (e.g. drugs, dancing in the disco, being spontaneous). Also the generation above me is dying off now, and I'm very conscious of my own mortality. Sometimes I feel I can't help but feel like I'm licking the last bit of sauce off the bones of the meal that has been my life

your history teacher made you learn a bunch of stuff about a fictional character?

That's still how lots of teachers roll. History in school is bascially about becoming familiar with the foundational myths of one's culture. Very little to do with history as its practised by historians
actually making sure that kids understand the concepts was not a huge concern when I was at school.

if I was teaching I would ask kids questions like ''what is colonialism?''
and keep asking them prodding questions like:
''has colonialism ever happened in Europe?'' hopefully someone would say ''Ireland'' nearly immediately.
''is it an equal partnership? is the culture of the colonised people respected? why advantages did the colonisers have? does this still happen now?''

this kind of thing should be a regular feature of class.

on Don Quixote - a lot on renaissance history is about the cultural stuff.
El Greco, Dante, Shakespeare, Leonardo, Michelangelo and April O'Neill

Jesus, what an insufferable wanker

Just go out and do your thing
No one's looking down on you or even gives a good goddamn you're there

This is all in his head. His life is immeasurably better so he writes to complain about it.
Jees Louise

I will refer again to Tommy Tiernans interview with Meaney, which still rises my hackles.

I didn't even really cop that O'Brien was Irish in TNG when I was younger, and Star Trek did occupy about 300 hours of my lockdown. He's easily underestimated.

I did something like this the weekend, a friend of a friend show was due to be canceled because they hadn't sold enough tickets, so the call went out over text and the socials.
And there's me biking across town on Friday night to support someone I don't even know.

Not sure if this makes me a sucker or a hero. Probably neither. Or both.

I will go to something local on the basis if it is not supported there will be no more gigs or to meet friends but that is about it.

I am posting at 4:35 am 'cause I went to sleep by 8:20 pm.
Often seem to be awake before it gets bright these days.

Haha my kids talk about this kind of shit on tiktok - someone posts a picture of a drawing/painting they did saying "it took me 20 hours to do this and I have only 2 likes boo hoo poor me". They don't have much time for it (possibly cos they've spent their lives watching me spend countless hours making music nobody listens to)

Haha my kids talk about this kind of shit on tiktok - someone posts a picture of a drawing/painting they did saying "it took me 20 hours to do this and I have only 2 likes boo hoo poor me". They don't have much time for it (possibly cos they've spent their lives watching me spend countless hours making music nobody listens to)
I get tons of this

1693258121074.png

We’ve had a fai amount of unfortunate shite happen to us as a band over the last few months.

Our drummer broke his foot just before Christmas so we ended up having to cancel a few gigs.

We had a few issues with The producer we were working with for our first studio recorded ep and it’s had to be pretty much scrapped. Hence why we were looking for studio recommendations

Our first gig back in Fibbers was a complete fucking disaster. One of those nights where everything that could go wrong pretty much did.

I didn’t realise we could be using all this for harvesting sympathy likes on social media!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back