Mira Calix and Andrea Parker CANCELLED (1 Viewer)

krystal

Since 2000
sorry everyone, but Mira and Andrea won't be playing ladyfest tonight. An oil tanker crashed on the m25 in london this morning and had basically put the entire city of london into gridlock. They have spent all day trying to get here and have been in their car for over 6 hours. There is just no way they'll get here on time.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/4008923.stm

Americhord will now be headlining with longer sets from Katell Keineg and Blonde leading the blonde dj's. Again, we're really sorry, and we hope you still come along.

99g6.JPG

so how did everything go? as amazing as it looked like it was going to be? how were la fraction? anything crappy happen? what was liadain's ma's creative writing group like?

kirstie said:
it wasn't though - americhord more than made up for it and the night was really really good.
yeah, all the other artists played blinders and it was a super night. if you could have bottled the atmosphere you probably could have sold it as some sort of illegal drug. much cheer and dancing.

poor andrea and mira, though. i kept getting increasingly distraught text messages and phone calls from them, it was like receiving reports from a war zone.

quote of the weekend, incidentally: "tom! quick! your mother's at the sex toys workshop!"

hahahahah!!! The look on his face!!

I am only now starting to assimilate the events of the weekend cos at the time I was so busy, though I knew it was going really well. But now that it's over I can see it actually went fucking AMAZINGLY well. The people that came! People travelled from far and wide for it and that is so gratifying. Directing little old ladies to the talk on forgotten radical women because they'd heard about it on Rattlebag was also a source of huge satisfaction. I think we did our job well considering the diversity of women and men at it over the weeknd.

I think I'm going to have to go to a different ladyfest to actually get to see or participate in anything though!!

Ah, and more quotes of the weekend:

"I may never wear trousers again," spoken by a very drunken Joe, who'd just removed himself from Cath's dress (she was wearing other clothes at the time).

And there were others....but I can't remember stuff right now. Currently looking for replacement parts for my basic motor skills.

Walking out into the venue at around 9:30 on Saturday night, seeing people dancing their asses off, and thinking, "Holy shit! They're dancing because of something we did!" was perhaps my greatest moment. Dancing is the finest compliment.

My favourite quote of the weekend was "Nobody told us this was gay night!" ...

apparently my mammy's workshop went really well,, haggy :)

It kinda started to hit me yesterday afternoon. I actually came very close to tears of utter fucking joy.

I was indeed smoking 'pure crystal fest'.

Oh! The best story ever!

Miss Kitty, who was in a punk band in the 70s, remarked that knitting was always rock and roll. She told me that before the Undertones' first gig, the guitarist's mother knitted him a guitar case.

Super Dexta said:

Oh, those jerks. It wasn't just that, either. When I responded that it wasn't gay night, but 'everybody night', she leaned a little closer and said quietly, "But there are loads of them in there." And when I said, "Well, there are loads of everyone in there because everyone is welcome here to be who they are," she said, even more paranoid, "But they're everywhere!"

I just kinda felt bad for them for letting their homophobia get in the way of the fun!

my mum said it was really good, and she got a lot out of it. So hurrah for your mother!!

Super Dexta said:

sunroom-orchid.jpg

here are some virtual orchids in recognition of the amazing thing you just did. this must have been an administrative nightmare and i have the utmost respect for everyone invloved! hurrrrah! :)

so when is the first bi-monthly girl rock out? in bristol, there's a girl rock out every two months where just girls get together and rock out and play imporvised stuff and exercise crazy ideas they have which they can't normally explore... it's really popular by all accounts.

Congratulations to all the organisers for putting on a successful and really enjoyable festival. Hopefully you all got a chance to enjoy it after all the hard work. Roll on Ladyfest Dublin 2005....

figs said:
Congratulations to all the organisers for putting on a successful and really enjoyable festival. Hopefully you all got a chance to enjoy it after all the hard work. Roll on Ladyfest Dublin 2005....
well, i think most of us missed at least one or two things we really wanted to go to - and had at least one Moment Of High Stress - but i still had great fun. i learned how to do bookbinding! i saw some super bands! i subsidised many crafty ladies! (i eventually had to leave the craft and zine fair because i was spending *far* too much money)

thanks heaps and heaps to everyone who turned up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back